Are You the CEO of Your Own Health?
As I was creating the script for a short video on my website about the importance of busy CEOs taking better care of their health in order to sustain their level of productivity and quality of life, I thought of YOU! After all, nurses are like CEO’s of their own nursing practice.
No matter what your role might be, at every moment you are the one in charge of life altering as well as life and death decisions which puts you in a CEO role. Isn't it true that as a nurse, you are basically managing your own "mini"practice?
Take a look at the role of a business CEO and see how your role measures up.
The CEO's leadership role entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company's long and short term plans.
And that is why I think we are all CEOs of our nursing practices. Now back to the script I created for my video to catch the attention of busy CEOs. See if it catches your attention as well.
Are you worried that your health is deteriorating and wish you could get it back?
Here are 10 reasons why this might be happening:
1. You live a busy professional lifestyle
2. You operate in a state of crisis management most of the time
3. Your stress level goes thru the roof on a regular basis
4. You are exhausted at the end of the day, but still have trouble sleeping
5. Work is consuming more and more of your time leaving you with little time to take care of yourself
6. You realize your health is suffering from the way you live
7. You find yourself seeing the doctor more and more to get drugs to help you keep going
8. You are worried that your health is deteriorating and you could lose everything you worked so hard to create
9. You are worried that you could have a heart attack, or worse
10. You wish there was some way to get your health back so you can remain at the top of your game
Well guess what! You are in the right place at the right time. It is never too late for a HEALTH DO-OVER and I am just the person who can help you with that.
You can take the first step right now and connect with me for a complimentary consultation. Let's start exploring the possibilities toward helping you reclaim vibrant health for a more vibrant life.
So what do you think? Does this "stressed-out CEO profile" fit the pattern of your work life right now? I actually think most people fit this profile no matter what their role is. But the good news is:
- You are in charge of your lifestyle choices
- You can activate wellness tools to turn things around
- You can reverse many health problems by adopting healthy lifestyle habits
Here are some tips that I will be sharing with those stressed-out executives I will be coaching that they can fit into their day – and you can too!
W – Walk every day before or after work or on breaks
E – Eat 100 calorie low glycemic snacks mid-morning, mid-afternoon and mid-evening so you don't get hungry
L – Laugh out loud with others at least once each day, if not more
L – Let go of pent up stress as soon as you feel it building by doing something physical that fits into your work area (jogging in place, walking up a flight of stairs, standing up from sitting – or sitting down from standing)
N – Nap for 5-10 minutes after lunch where you won't be bothered to get your energy back
E – Exhale slowly 10 times every time you feel stressed, and notice if you feel calmer
S – Straighten up your work area for 5 minutes to reduce the stress of clutter before you go home at night
S – Share pent-up emotions so they don't build up and raise your blood pressure
Keep in mind that your health is at risk if you are HUNGRY – ANGRY – LONELY or TIRED.
Hopefully these tips will be useful so you can better manage your health as the CEO that you know you are! I'm sure you have other ideas as well. Please share what you are already doing that has made a difference in how you face each day of work.
About Carol Ebert
Joined: Feb '16; Posts: 104; Likes: 225
Certified Wellness Practitioner, Certifi