Is Waipahu a safe area?Register Today!
- by JHG May 23, '06Hi, I will be moving to nurse at Kahi Mohala Behavioral Health in September and am currently looking at apartments/condos to live that are relatively close by. There is one called the Oasis at Waipahu that looks good, but I have heard some negative things about it. Any information on this condo or this area would be greatly appreciated!
- May 24, '06 by Sabrina_HII've was born and raised in Hawaii and to be honest, I would not live in Waipahu. Housing/apartment are cheap but I would not feel safe there. I try to avoid the area. You might want to try Ewa Beach or Kapolei. Both areas are about 10 minutes from Kahi Mohala. Sorry if I've offended anyone but I'm just trying to be honest.
- May 24, '06 by maliatI don't think Waipahu is necessarily unsafe. But it is an old plantation town, so it's not as nice as the newer subdivisions in Ewa Beach and Kapolei. My impression of West Oahu is that you're not going to find many apartment complexes, but you can find townhomes to rent.
- May 25, '06 by JHGThank you both for your input.
- May 27, '06 by Ariel70113I live in Waipahu...there are different areas in waipahu. I live in the Waipio area and its nice! There is also a Waikele area that is nice also!
- Dec 24, '06 by OG88This is kind of a late reply...do not move to Oasis, has lots of druggies there. I used to live directly across the street from that place, so I know what I'm talking about. Actually it's been around 10 years since I lived there, so it may have changed. I saw one murder scene there, and also police being called in almost every night. They renovated the place nicely so that the outside looks good...but may have the same type of people still living there. You might want to consider Mililani, Makakilo, Kapolei, Royal Kunia, or Waikele.