Hi NICU nurses,
I'm on the mainland and aching for Hawaii. We are trying to move in the next 4 months to Honolulu. My sister is going to be stationed there for the next 2 years so it will be really nice to have our kids together for the first time ever. I have 5 years NICU III experience and have spent just 3 weeks on Oahu before and can't wait to go back. I'm hopeful to get a job at Kap' iolani. I am wondering what the pay is as I am pretty sure it is Union. I have a few questions...
1. What do union hospitals on oahu start at for new nurse grads and up to 5 yrs experience?
2. Also, what are shift diffs for eve/night/weekends.
3. What is per diem or prn (ecb) hourly pay?
4. When does overtime pay start after 36 or 40 hours/week
5. Do they ever offer critical need incentive pay or bonuses for additional shifts worked (we had this at my last job, 115.00 incentive per extra shift worked, plus regular pay and overtime pay, it was awesome)
Please feel free to leave any additional info if you have worked at Kapiolani NICU, or other NICU's in Honolulu Hawaii.
And also, if you are currently working there i would love to chat with you, just leave me an email. It always helps to have a friendly referral to get your foot in the door.
Thanks to any and all who reply...