new student HELP HELP HELP!Register Today!
- by MTeresa27 Nov 7, '07Hello,
My Name is Thu Doan and I'm currently live in PA. I'm planning to move to Oahu next summer and want to attend the ADN program at Kapiolani Community College. Does anyone know how long is the list to get into the program? What are the books or websites helpful to study for the pre-entrance nursing exam? All comments are welcome...
- Nov 7, '07 by mcubed45you'll have to establish residency first. KCC doesn't take non-residents. it's a public institution and therefore obligated to serve Hawaii students first. also KCC doesn't use a waiting list. you just apply and get ranked against the other applicants. if you don't get in you just apply the next term.
- Nov 8, '07 by MTeresa27Oh really? I saw the non-resident tuition, so i assume you can register to ADN program. Did you go to KCC??
- Nov 8, '07 by mcubed45Quote from MTeresa27you can attend KCC and take other classes, you just won't have any chance of getting into the nursing program until you're a resident. i'm a university of hawai student but i'll be starting KCC's nursing program fall2008 if i get in.Oh really? I saw the non-resident tuition, so i assume you can register to ADN program. Did you go to KCC??
- Nov 8, '07 by MTeresa27oh wow, i didn't know that... thanks for your advice. I guess now i have to make another plan. Good luck in nursing school in the fall08. =)