Maui RN jobs 2013/14, some experienceRegister Today!
- by patientcenteredcare Jul 17Does anyone have any advice on how to get a job in Maui? I will have 6 months of experience in January 2014 and then I am planning on moving there permanently.
- Aug 8 by jimbr1I was there as a travel nurse in 2011. Maui Memorial Medical Center seems to use a lot of travel personnel- nurses doctors, even pharmacists so I have no real advice on a permanent job. However, I will relate the following- in talking with one of the nurse educators he stated that most people who decide to move there leave after 2 years (didn't give specific reasons). Coincidentally, on the plane ride home I sat next to someone who worked for homeland security in Honolulu, and was moving back after two years- his decision....so don't burn your bridges back home...best of luck!
- Sep 12 by easttxgirlDon't do it! I have the same experience as you and have been here since June and nothing! Nothing seriously you will be putting your career on hold to move here and FYI it's the most boring place I have ever lived. Sorry for the bad news
- Sep 12 by patientcenteredcareEasttxgirl.. What do you do for fun there? I can see how you would think it's boring, but that all depends on what you're looking to do.
As for jobs, I kind of figured it was going to be a struggle. Never say never though.
- Sep 12 by patientcenteredcareI've put the move on hold as of right now.. But still planning on going in the near future
- Sep 15 by DelgadidoQuote from easttxgirlLol?Don't do it! I have the same experience as you and have been here since June and nothing! Nothing seriously you will be putting your career on hold to move here and FYI it's the most boring place I have ever lived. Sorry for the bad news
Maybe Hawaii wasnt for you, I was there from May-July. I wanted to stay longer. I am in East Texas right now at Tyler and it is boring here.
- Sep 16 by nurseyasmin88I agree with Delgadido. Maybe HI wasn't for you? Maui is such a gorgeous area...I can't imagine it being boring but to each his own.