Entry Level Work Experience in the Medical Field?

  1. Hey all, I'm planning on applying to the MEPN program for 2011 but I want to gain some experience in the medical field. I have some experience but its mostly in a physical therapy setting. I've seen ads for medical assistants but I'm a male and most medical assistants I've met are female. Are there any entry level jobs available in hospitals, labs or medical offices that are available for me to gain some experience?
  2. Visit blahblah56 profile page

    About blahblah56

    Joined: Feb '10; Posts: 19; Likes: 1


  3. by   koi310
    There are male MAs. You do have to go to school to become one, though. KCC and some private universities have programs.

    If you want to work in an entry-level position in a hospital, you need to be a tech of some sort. Some hospitals might train you if they decide to hire you. You can also train to become a phlebotomist, CNA, PCT, etc. You will have to go through some training program to get an entry-level job that requires direct patient care.
  4. by   petunia2016
    Most nurses are female, too.