best paid state for nursing - page 2
by bashy | 65,826 Views | 37 Comments
best paid state for nursing I am a new grad. I have a list of states that I am considering going to, but I need to find out what the salary ranges are especially for a new grad. I have Hawaii, maryland, newyork, georgia,... Read More
- 0Jul 14, '04 by Euskadi1946Quote from bashyThe state of Nevada is wonderful because there is no state income tax...best paid state for nursing
I am a new grad. I have a list of states that I am considering going to, but I need to find out what the salary ranges are especially for a new grad. I have Hawaii, maryland, newyork, georgia, california and nevada on my mind so far. Is there somewhere that ranks states according to salary for nursing and standard of living. I would like to do a comparison.
- 0Dec 28, '04 by MovingtoHIQuote from chris_at_lucas_RNWhere can I get info about LPN to RN programs in HI? I have searched but mostly find only BSN programs. I don't quite have that much time right now.And some states do not have income tax. Texas and Nevada are two.
You could google to find the others.
I did get an email from a recruiting agency. They were offering about $80,000 for travelers.
- 0Jan 2, '05 by blee1KCC has a program, VERY competitive though, need high GPA
- 0Jan 3, '05 by live4todayQuote from audreyfayi can vouch for that! i went to hawaii as a travel nurse years ago, and it was very expensive to live there. the best part of the entire experience was falling in love with the man of my dreams. he was great while we lasted. hmmmm...wonder where he is today. :uhoh21:travel to hawaii and make extra money? i think not! the cost of living is so high there that you will soon find out that the income pays for your living expenses, and not much more. food, gas, and everything else are very expensive. color me...been there, done that!
- 0Feb 20, '05 by RN4NICUQuote from NurseFirstIf your original license is issued in one of the 18 compact states, all other states in the compact recognize that license. For example, a nurse whose original license was issued in AZ (a compact state) moves to TX (another compact state). That nurse does not have to obtain a TX license because both are compact states. If same nurse moved to Michigan (non-compact state), s/he would be required to obtain a Michigan license because they are not in the compact. Make sense?What is a compact state?
- 0Feb 24, '05 by janet r. gowenQuote from jeslNorth Carolina is a compact state I understand it encompases 24 on the eastern seaboardHow do you get to know what states are income tax free? Can you tell me which states are compact states? I have been traveling for 4 yrs and would like to go to Hawaii sometime. $80,000 sure would help my finaces!!!!