VA questionRegister Today!
- by cocot Jul 25, '12Does anyone know if you have to take the Hep B shot - can you decline and still have the job?
- Jul 25, '12 by jeckrnYes, you can decline. That does not mean that the facility can not limit where you work. While you are on probation, which is 2 years for RN's, they can fire you for any reason.
- Jul 25, '12 by cocotDo they fire people alot? Are they control freaks? I'm thinking of applying but I hesitate because the process seems so tedious.
- Jul 25, '12 by jeckrnThe VA I worked at there really was no control issues by management. Each VA is different just like each hospital in any group is. The hiring process is taxing but worth it in the end. Wages might be low for the area when you start but in the long run they are much better then the private sector.
- Jul 28, '12 by bloom11Does anyone know how orientation works at jesse brown va hosp in chicago??