Hi, BVFD 333!
I found your post by searching Germany and VA. I'm hoping you can give me some insight to your process of getting over to Germany. I'm extremely
interested in working as an RN over there. I have a few questions:
1. You said you worked at a VA and then got a job as a civilian nurse in Germany. Do you think being employed at a VA helped your chances at getting a job for the DoD?
2. How much experience as an RN did you have when the DoD hired you?
3. Did you apply for a position through USAjobs? If not, where did you apply?
4. Were you ASN/ADN or BSN when the DoD hired you?
5. Do you have any advice? (Or contacts -- lol
I'm an ADN working on my BSN (I finish this fall). I have one year experience in a brain and spine unit in California. I have all the ubiquitous certificates (BLS, ECG, PALS, ACLS, NIH).
Thank you so much for any help or direction. I'm thinking that getting past the USAjobs resume selection process may be difficult. I wish I knew someone on the inside!
Have a great one - Sean