VA Hiring Process - Page 20Register Today!
- Dec 22, '12 by navyvet13Quote from healthcare_prof
Hello Nursequilt; one of us in our family is in the hiring process for a position at the Dallas VA Medical Center with a tentative offer; completed VETPRO, waiting to get an appointment for Physical/Medical, references received verification letters; that's where it stands; It looks like it is a long wait, as i can see many of them in this forum are eagerly waiting for the final word to get started; Good luck to all of them. So if everything goes fine with the hiring process, and get a joining date, we will be moving to Dallas from a different state; I wanted to see if you can share your experience with the hiring process that you have been through with Dallas VA and be able help with any information on the following questions -
1) In your post you stated you are waiting for the section chief to sign off, that was back in march, i believe by now you should have been employed with VA? What was the total timeframe from the time you were received the conditional offer until the date of joining?
2) In some other forums related to communities and neighborhoods, i heard many of them saying that Dallas VA facility is in a very bad neighborhood?
3) How safe are the neighborhoods surrounding VA?
4) How safe/bad it is driving into the VA facility through those neighborhoods?
5) Any public transportation options to get to VA facility?
6) Unrelated to this, i came across reading in some other blogs/forums that people visiting VA facility complaining about parking that it is hard to find a parking close by; how about employees parking, do they have separate parking for employees?
I really appreciate if you share any information on the above.
How is process going? Can you pm me a email i would like to ask a few questions about dallas
- Jan 8 by elprupThank you. Hoping this temp agency is legit. My research showed they can be iffy, but they have been great so far to me. I will let you know if it works.
- Jan 16 by squidbilliesQuote from Foley6It's been a few months, so I assume you got your answer, so this is for others who may be reading this post: When any position you apply for is filled (and this includes all that you apply for, not just oines you interview for), you get an email saying "another candidate was chosen" blah blah. You get another email at around the same time saying that "the position has been filled." So yes, you definitely are made aware.SO if one is rejected for a position at the VA does one get a rejection letter? Does ANYONE know?
I am going on 3 weeks since interview. The person who interviewed me says that she does not have any information for me.
This person says I will hear from HR. Does anyone know?
Good luck to all.
- Jan 18 by elprupNorthern California rural area.
- Feb 6 by freckledI have so much anxiety about their hiring process! So much Waiting Waiting Waiting. Driving myself crazy!
- Feb 6 by freckledQuote from navyvet13I finished e-qip and vetpro and was told it could take anywhere from a month to three months. Basically all I can do is wait until they clear and I get a firm offer, IF I even get one. AHHH so I'm still planning to interview/apply just in case this doesn't work out. So nervous, so much anxiety!Where are you in process?