VA Hiring Process - Page 18Register Today!
- Sep 24, '12 by anjib828Quote from itsalifestyleNo they will not allow you to start orientation until everything is completed.... Took them 6 weeks to complete everything for me... But from job offer date to orientation it'll be 2 months before I actually start bc they only do orientation once a month where I'm goingdoes this mean they will allow you to begin working before processing the background check etc?
- Oct 5, '12 by hcra19My husband has just been told that he has been selected for a position. He was informed via email that his application was referred on August 6th. He interviewed on Sept 25th and was told yesterday Oct 4th that he was selected.
I have a few questions. He is currently enrolled in class do you think there is a good chance it will take until the middle of Dec. for him to start working? Also, when do the health benefits usually kick in? Those of you currently working for the VA are you happy?
My concern is that this will be a pay cut for him, but will offfer more benefits and have room for advancement. He will be starting and LPN to RN program in the summer.
- Oct 8, '12 by anjib828He probably will start in December or January. I applied in July interviewed in August... Was selected a week later and I'm just now starting tomorrow oct 9th! I hear its great. I'll let you know anything I find out!!!!
- I had an interview today at the VA here in Birmingham, al. I was so nervous. The nurse manager tol ne she could tell that I was nervous but she said not to worry about it. Now the waiting process, how long does it usually take for them to call you an let you know if you was selected.
- I was called 2 days later
- The manager told me she had 3 positions available. I'm praying that one the positions is mine. But I was so nervous but I did answer every questions. Was you nervous during your interview. Also are you working for the VA now.
- Quote from Nursebyfaith~LpnYes this is my second week.... I started on the 9th.... I hope you get your position!!!!! I wasn't nervous at all. BUT my interview was a phone interview so I had no reason really to be nervous PLUS the questions they ask I'm used to bc I used to ask the types of questions they asked when I was a supervisor in retail....The manager told me she had 3 positions available. I'm praying that one the positions is mine. But I was so nervous but I did answer every questions. Was you nervous during your interview. Also are you working for the VA now.
- So what do you think about people you use to interview that are nervous. Have you ever hired someone that was nervous during the interview. I hope they don't go off of that cause it doesn't reflect on my skills as a nurse. I'm praying that I am selected. How long have you been a nurse
- I actually just graduated school in May.... I DID hire people that appeared nervous. Interviews are intimidating.... If they gave good answers it didn't matter that they were nervous to me....
- Did it take you 3 months to get hired? Is the pay good..