USAF 2012 NTP Board - Page 33Register Today!
- Aug 7, '12 by UCAFblueQuote from jessa951Thanks jessa951, I hope you're right!! Does anybody know if they select alternates for NTP like they do with the FQ boards?WOW! congrats!! I can't believe they are contacting everyone this late! (still radio silence over here). those odds are still good UCAF maybe he/she is done for the evening or not going in that order... you never know!! However so far the 2 that have been chosen are already RNs... that makes me nervous
- Aug 7, '12 by JediMstrKrisI have read through two separate NTP selection board threads and both had alternates that were ultimately selected.
- Aug 7, '12 by UCAFblueThat makes me feel a little better...at least there is a chance that if we aren't selected we could have the possibility of being an alternate...
- Aug 7, '12 by JediMstrKrisFrom what I understand we can fall into three categories "Select," "Alternate ##" or "Non-Select." The alternates from the last two boards were told they were alternates right away and what number in line they were.
- Aug 7, '12 by LN75Quote from Lvelasquez89Congrats Laura!!!!!Just found out guys I GOT ACCEPTED to MED/SURG!!! Out of Colorado district 10/30 were accepted from his office! Just to let you guys know my background
BSN May 2011
NCLEX AUG 2011
3.56 Cumulative GPA
LOR's from 2 active duty nurses, 1 retired AF pilot, 3 instructors, and Georgia State Congressman
Currently working as a RN Outpatient Clinic
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com
- Aug 7, '12 by CVA311Congrats on getting accepted you two!! that is so awesome!! I can't wait to hear about everyone else! I work the next two nights and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to get any sleep for fear I might miss my call!
- Aug 8, '12 by tngonzales87Quote from LN75NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're package was VERY competetive and once I read your credentials I automatically knew you were in! SOOOOO happy for you!!!!!WOOOOO HOOOOO I GOT SELECTED!!!!!! My recruiter just called! She said she just got notified and is still on the road so she doesn't know any of my dates or assignment cuz she's not at her computer. Her boss called her to tell her about me. She said she will let me know all that first thing in the am. **** I'm so fn excited!!! I can't wait to start hearing which of u guys got picked!!! My recruiter wouldn't give me any other names or even numbers sorry!!!! . But hang in there it's comin any minute!!!!!! Keep your phones close! My recruiter called my from a "blocked" number FYI so don't screen out any calls tonight!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Aug 8, '12 by jessa951I was a non-select along with the 5 other applicants from NYC. I'll apply next June with my RN! good luck to you all!! And it was nice talking with you all through this process!
- Aug 8, '12 by Lvelasquez89Sorry to hear that... Like I posted before I think they look at full RNs before those still in school.Stay strong your last year in. Throughout this whole process I was lucky to be able to read everyone's posts on here as well as have the help of my husband who is a medically retired Navy Corpsman and purple heart recepiant who been deployed 3 times (2 to Iraq) after 9/11. He really helped me realize how important nurses are in the military and also how much they are needed. I recieved entrance to Sigma Theta Tau, Phi Kappa Phi honor society in school as well The National Society of Collegiate Scholars. Not sure if that helped but I was also very active in college(voulenteered over 400 hours to various causes, even habitat for humanity down in New Orleans after Katrina and also was president of my sorority AOII) I'm not sure how your nursing school was but at mine our nursing classes were grouped into 10 - 12 credit hour classes so it really hurt my gpa if I got a B in one of those classes as we were not in the +/- scale.Lol so basically in short what I'm saying is use this last year to get more accomplishments under your belt for next year.
- Aug 8, '12 by UCAFblueQuote from jessa951I'm sorry to hear that as well jessa951...I know how disappointing it is, but trying again next year will show them you are committed and hopefully you'll get selected!!!I was a non-select along with the 5 other applicants from NYC. I'll apply next June with my RN! good luck to you all!! And it was nice talking with you all through this process!