Places to live near the big 3Register Today!
- by willhigg6 Apr 18, '12I am in the NCP, and I graduate in December. While it is no given, I think it is safe to assume that I will end up at one of the big 3 hospitals after I go to ODS. I have been looking online for certain apartments near the hospital, but that obviously is going to be high price apartments. While I'm not necessarily opposed to that, I would like to hear where some people who have been stationed at these places chose to live and how it was. Just trying to get an idea from first-handers. Thanks for the help!
- Apr 21, '12 by littleluvbugnavyHi willhigg6-
I too am in the NCP and just got my duty assignment around a month ago. I graduate in 2 weeks. Most of us found that the "Big Three" were not available. I am going to Camp Pendleton and I know others all had the Big Three listed and didn't get them other. Just wanted you to keep your mind open to the possibility that you won't be stationed there. It's wherever is available when you are ready to go in!
Hope that helps some!
- Apr 22, '12 by willhigg6Yeah I have read y'all talking about that on other posts. I was just assuming because I don't graduate until December, and I figure those jobs will have to have vacancies by then. I appreciate the heads up though. I am going to go through some of the medium size bases and see which ones I would like if it comes down to it. Do you have any suggestions or information on any of them?
- Apr 30, '12 by willhigg6bump. anyone else have any input?
- May 9, '12 by Sw88tpeaHi there,
I'm in the NC and have been at Portsmouth for 60 days. If you want to live near base the apartments called 'Myrtles' are the way to go. I know two nurses that live there. Some nurses coming in this summer got apartments at Riverhouse Apartments in Norfolk. Use caution with living in Portsmouth, either live very close to the hospital, in Olde Town Portsmouth or not at all. I picked up a roommate at ODS and lucked out finding a great house in West Ghent-Norfolk.
My friends in Bethesda live in Chevy Chase (two metro stops from the hospital-there is no parking at the hospital, everyone metros) and it's a really nice area that I would totally live in.
Not sure about San Diego.
- May 10, '12 by willhigg6Thank you very much for the input. When did you receive your orders in relation to your graduation date?
- Jun 5, '12 by utamaverickI'm currently in the NCP program. I will not receive orders until after I pass NCLEX, not after graduation.