Next Air Force NTP Boards in 2010? - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 8, '10 by PATNICRNI am currently an RN/BSN working on a Med/Surg unit & am preparing my paperwork for entering the Air Force. I am prior service (almost 11yrs) so I am somewhat knowledgeable of military life. I wanted to see if there was anyone out there who can advise me on steps to take for returning to service, time-lines, boards, etc.
- Dec 9, '10 by limacHello PATNICRN,
I am also an exper RN/BSN with prior service. I completed my application and looking to go for January 2011 board. I have read so much info on this blog. It is good to hear that everyone seems to be getting the same info. It seems that there are 2 boards one for exp RNs and one for new grads NTP. The next board for exp qualified is January 2011. (I heard this board was switched with NTP board from March 2011). I completed my app in August 10, went to MEPS for my physical in November 2010 (3mo :smackingf) and did my interview December 2010. The next available COT dates are May 31, July, Aug 2011. If selected Im hoping to go in July 2011. If you are serious about returning to service dont delay in completing your paperwork, it seems that there is quite a backlog of nurses waiting to go. Im hearing that AF is looking for exp RNs and prior service is a plus. Hope this helps! Were you prior AF? Keep posting and GOOD LUCK!!!
- Dec 9, '10 by limacHi midinphx,
I have been reading your blog for a while. It is good to see that you are still blogging and giving us hopefuls good info even though you have completed your process and now a AF Nurse. I am looking to process as an fully qualified nurse as well. Can you recap for me a little, what board (month/yr) did you sit for and how long did it take to find out that you were selected? Once selected how long before you were commissioned and at what rank? I see that you have 14 years nursing exp! Now that you are working as an AF nurse is it the same as civi nursing? 12 hr shifts 3/wk?? What is it like now that you are in? Are you working in ICU? I know soo many questions, just looking foward to getting to the next step! Anyone else wanting to share please do!
- Mar 28, '11 by whimsical_1Could anyone tell me how much experience is required in order to be apply to the AF as an experience RN? Thanks!
- Mar 28, '11 by IowaRNBSNCurrently 6 months, though there is talk that it will go to one year. If you have not started the process, start now because by the time everything goes through you will have at least 6 months experience.
- Mar 28, '11 by limacHas anyone heard anything new for remaining boards for experienced nurses for this FY2011??? The last that I heard was boards for the Jan 2011 selections in March was a total wash no one was selected... Possible last boards for 2011 is June...
Iowa Rn r u in or r u still waiting for boards??
- Mar 29, '11 by IowaRNBSNQuote from limacHas anyone heard anything new for remaining boards for experienced nurses for this FY2011??? The last that I heard was boards for the Jan 2011 selections in March was a total wash no one was selected... Possible last boards for 2011 is June...
Iowa Rn r u in or r u still waiting for boards??
I don't think there are any more Fiscal year 2011 boards for experienced nurses. Last board for FY 2011, which packets were sent in is this month (March 2011) was for the NTP nurses, who should know the results by the end of next month (April 2011). The last experienced board that I know if was in November 2010. The next board that I know about is this July/August (date may change slightly) 2011 for experienced nurses. As far as my packet goes, I am pretty much all done with everything. All I have left for my packet is to look over it/make sure everything is correct and sign a few things. This board has been a long time coming for me since I started this whole process in June 2010.
As I mentioned in other post here, I hope to know the budget for Fiscal Year 2012 (still being worked on in, which current deadline was extended to April 8th) soon and once that is passed we should have an idea of how many people they look to bring on. The board could potentially be moved up a few weeks if the AF deems necessary. So if you haven't gotten you packet squared away, do it know and get it wrapped up. Also, this would be the first board for FY 2012, so you would probably have a better chance of being selected at this board.
One thing that the Air Force or military in general do is simply not hire people. They have to replace those who leave, and their entire system of recruiting is based off of this. Think of it is a revolving door in that if they don't bring in people this year, they are going to have a problem in coming years.
To all, keep in contact with your recruiters, call them or email them weekly. I will post any info about upcoming boards or other information that I know of.
IowaRNBSNLast edit by IowaRNBSN on Mar 29, '11
- Apr 1, '11 by PNP4KIDZAF June boards still on as far as I know for NP level I am sure they have a mix of nurses in there but not sure. The federal budget issues could really have an impact on this too.