New Navy NCP Selectee Looking for others! - Page 6Register Today!
- Congrats HM & Delaney!! I did finally hear that I will be getting back pay from the day I swore in on the stipend. They told me 1 Jun, but there has been a delay in my paperwork, so it's looking like 15 Jun.
- Quote from amyca1) I contacted my recruiter in September 2010, I was extremely motivated and got him paperwork extremely quickly. I made sure he knew that I was for sure and stayed in very close contact. I went to MEPS in December, my package was complete and sent to Big Navy in January and I was selected in February.Congrats to all the NCP selectees!
For all the NCP selectees:
1) Can you give a brief rundown of the NCP application process?
2) What's your profile? (GPA? Who your references are? Work experience? Etc.)
3) Was there an interview? If so, do you have any tips for success?
4) How long after submitting your package did you hear of selection?
5) What area of the country are you in? (Ex: Navy Region Southwest)
Any info is greatly appreciated! And thank you for sharing!!!
2) I am a 29 year old wife and mom of 3, no healthcare experience and a GPA of 3.8
3) There were two interviews, one over the phone with a Navy nurse and one in person (with a retired Navy nurse)
4) 2 months about...
- Jun 3, '11 by DelaneyBoyce@littleluvbugnavy so since I signed jun 1 I'll get the whole stipend for June? I've heard mixed things on if we get paid in the summer months. My recruiter said yes but you never know....
- Jun 3, '11 by DelaneyBoyce@HMBaird, you are also going in Sept 2012? If so we should keep in touch until ODS!
- I'm not all the way sure, so as soon as I get my pay I'll let you know. I've heard mixed messages as well, so I'll believe it when the $$ is in my account! Since I was still in school in May, I know I'll get the May stipend, but not sure about June/July. I go back in August, so we'll see. I'll let you guys know what I end up getting. I just got an email from the director of the program over the weekend, I swore in on 6 May! The email was extremely informative. We get our ID cards now, I had been told we don't get them until we commission. Hope that helps!
- Jun 15, '11 by littleluvbugnavyUpdate on stipend...
Got my first payment deposited today. I swore in on 6 May, and I was given back pay from then until now. I am also getting paid while not in school. My bonus has not been sent though...so still waiting on that. Hope that helps answer some questions.
- Jun 15, '11 by DelaneyBoyceDid they take out taxes on the stipend?
- Jun 15, '11 by littleluvbugnavynope, got every penny!
- Jun 15, '11 by HMBairdThat is great news!!!
- Jun 24, '11 by littleluvbugnavyBonus was there...and they take a lot of taxes out!! My take home ended up being $3750...hopefully I'll get some of it back when I file! Just wanted to let everyone know what my time line was! Have been training hard to get into shape. I don't want to show up next year and be out of shape. Training to run a marathon this fall and have started swimming every morning. Excited to start my career!!