Navy NCP interview adviceRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Navy NCP interview advice in Government / Military Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I'm applying for the Navy NCP and I will have my interviews at the end of this month (most likely...by chelauren Jul 10, '12I'm applying for the Navy NCP and I will have my interviews at the end of this month (most likely in person). I'm wondering what kinds of questions I should have ready for the nurses, as well as some advice on how I should answer their questions (besides honestly :P).
Also, would buying a dress suit be over the top? I was thinking a pencil skirt with a solid blouse and heels, since it is July in the south I'd hate to wear pants!
Any pointers you'd offer up?
Thanks in advance for the advice!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=755745©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,011 Views
- Jul 10, '12 by utamaverickHello, I was in the NCP program and just accepted my commission. I had 2 interviews, one by phone and the other was in person.
The in-person interview was at a Starbucks and was relaxed. The interviewer was wearing shorts and a collared polo top. The questions were not difficult; they just asked questions about myself, why I chose to become a nurse and why I chose to join the Navy. The phone interviewer asked me simple questions about the nature of my previous jobs (I seriously had a job title of "Party Expert" haha) and how I applied my leadership skills in organizations in school.
My opinion is that a dress suit may be overdone. However, it depends on the where the interview is held and what the interviewer instructs you to do. I was told I could just wear nice casual clothes. I live in Texas, so I wore a skirt and a conservative top.
- Jul 11, '12 by oaktown2I had my interview at a naval hospital. It was more of a panel interview with 3 people and definitely not as casual as utamaverick's experience. It was in the winter and I wore a pant suit and I didn't feel over dressed. (But I tend to err on the side of being more formal than not.) Honestly, I don't remember the questions, but I think they were similar to utamaverick's. There was nothing unexpected - all pretty standard interview stuff.
- Jul 20, '12 by chelaurenThanks guys. I will most likely be having my interview at a Naval Hospital. I won't be wearing a suit but just a nice skirt and blouse sounds like it should be ok.
- Jul 20, '12 by JacAn001Quote from chelaurenSounds great!! Best of luck with the interview and keep us posted. I hope to be in the same position as you early next yearThanks guys. I will most likely be having my interview at a Naval Hospital. I won't be wearing a suit but just a nice skirt and blouse sounds like it should be ok.
- Jul 31, '12 by chelaurenAlright guys, it's official. My interviews are tomorrow!! Wish me luck.
- Jul 31, '12 by JacAn001Best of Luck to You!!
- Aug 1, '12 by Mslecia20Quote from chelaurenGood luck your way!!Alright guys, it's official. My interviews are tomorrow!! Wish me luck.
- Aug 1, '12 by JacAn001How was your interview?
- Aug 1, '12 by chelaurenIt went really well! I had a panel of 4 nurses asking me questions. They said I was impressive and they liked all my answers. We'll see if it helps my chance any!