Navy NCP interview adviceRegister Today!
- by chelauren Jul 10, '12I'm applying for the Navy NCP and I will have my interviews at the end of this month (most likely in person). I'm wondering what kinds of questions I should have ready for the nurses, as well as some advice on how I should answer their questions (besides honestly :P).
Also, would buying a dress suit be over the top? I was thinking a pencil skirt with a solid blouse and heels, since it is July in the south I'd hate to wear pants!
Any pointers you'd offer up?
Thanks in advance for the advice!
- Jul 10, '12 by utamaverickHello, I was in the NCP program and just accepted my commission. I had 2 interviews, one by phone and the other was in person.
The in-person interview was at a Starbucks and was relaxed. The interviewer was wearing shorts and a collared polo top. The questions were not difficult; they just asked questions about myself, why I chose to become a nurse and why I chose to join the Navy. The phone interviewer asked me simple questions about the nature of my previous jobs (I seriously had a job title of "Party Expert" haha) and how I applied my leadership skills in organizations in school.
My opinion is that a dress suit may be overdone. However, it depends on the where the interview is held and what the interviewer instructs you to do. I was told I could just wear nice casual clothes. I live in Texas, so I wore a skirt and a conservative top.
- Jul 11, '12 by oaktown2I had my interview at a naval hospital. It was more of a panel interview with 3 people and definitely not as casual as utamaverick's experience. It was in the winter and I wore a pant suit and I didn't feel over dressed. (But I tend to err on the side of being more formal than not.) Honestly, I don't remember the questions, but I think they were similar to utamaverick's. There was nothing unexpected - all pretty standard interview stuff.
- Jul 20, '12 by JacAn001Quote from chelaurenSounds great!! Best of luck with the interview and keep us posted. I hope to be in the same position as you early next yearThanks guys. I will most likely be having my interview at a Naval Hospital. I won't be wearing a suit but just a nice skirt and blouse sounds like it should be ok.
- Jul 31, '12 by chelaurenAlright guys, it's official. My interviews are tomorrow!! Wish me luck.
- Jul 31, '12 by JacAn001Best of Luck to You!!
- Aug 1, '12 by Mslecia20Quote from chelaurenGood luck your way!!Alright guys, it's official. My interviews are tomorrow!! Wish me luck.
- Aug 1, '12 by JacAn001How was your interview?