March BOLC - Page 7Register Today!
- Mar 2, '11 by ButtonRNYES!!!! Extremely frustrated.
- Mar 2, '11 by LunahRNTrying not to freak out. LOL. I know it's a funding thing, and our branch manager is frustrated, too. I did see my RFO document today, so I know my report date will be 23 March, as soon as my orders show up...
- Mar 3, '11 by mitch_hI am still waiting to hear anything at all from my branch manager. I tried to call with no success, and have sent an email with no response as of yet. This has got to be the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with. I know how slowly the military can be b/c I am prior enlisted but this is getting to the point of ridiculous. Oh well guess all I can do is sit back and continue to wait.
- Mar 3, '11 by New1LTQuote from mitch_hI understand what you mean...Were you on the Nov board as well? Sounds like this fiscal year is pretty tight. Hopefully it will get better!! Good luck!!I am still waiting to hear anything at all from my branch manager. I tried to call with no success, and have sent an email with no response as of yet. This has got to be the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with. I know how slowly the military can be b/c I am prior enlisted but this is getting to the point of ridiculous. Oh well guess all I can do is sit back and continue to wait.
- Mar 4, '11 by mitch_hThanks, yes I was selected in the Nov. boards and was comissioned on Feb 3rd, now I have just been waiting. It would be great to just get some kind of news so I could plan accordingly. Hopefully either this week yet or next week. we'll see. I agree I think the tight fiscal year has a lot to do with it.
- Mar 4, '11 by RNburnoutSo yesterday i received an email from an AMEDD recruiter in my area that my actually recruiter has been using as a liason because i am currently on a travel assignment. The email had a file attached to it from the HRC entitled assignment instructions I'm guessing they're orders but it's a pretty PDF-type file i was really expecting something that resembled an old school typed out letter for orders...or i have been watching too much Apocalypse Now ;-) The file was dated 02/25/2011 so someone has has been hanging on to it for a week. The actually email said "call me tomorrow"...i love a man of many words! So i guess i will give a call today and have him help me decipher the alphabet/number soup that may or may not be my orders.
- Mar 4, '11 by LunahRNThat's the RFO -- request for orders, which means your actual orders are in the works. I got a copy of my RFO from our branch manager on Wednesday. My recruiter said the actual orders won't have the pretty colors or HRC on the top, but will say Department of the Army.
- Mar 5, '11 by Care&JoyI only had 2 1/2 weeks max from the time my orders came in to the time they said to report on the 8th. So I hope you guys get 'em soon!
And they're just plain ol' black & white typing thrown on a piece of paper. No special nothing for those asking.
Also, for any of you getting to San Antonio earlier than BOLC this month, message me! We can workout, because I'm still majorly needing work on my 2 mile run!
- Mar 5, '11 by ashley,RNHey all! I'm a little late to the party but I just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the info! I'm glad to run/train with anyone, I need it too! I still haven't received orders, though my assigment officer tells me I'm in the March class. Is anyone assigned to Korea after BOLC? Like I said, I don't have orders but I'm told that's where I'm headed.
- Mar 5, '11 by LunahRNHi Ashley! Welcome to allnurses, congrats on your selection! I'm really really really hoping we get orders this week....
I've been told I'll be going to Ft. Stewart after BOLC.