March BOLC - page 13
This is a thread for all of the people that are going to BOLC at Ft. Sam Houston in March 2011. Feel free to ask questions, make friends, etc.... Read More
- 0Mar 21, '11 by traumaRN1908Quote from 79TangoI may be a little late, but the Black Beret with the light blue flash is the authorized headgear for all soldiers when in the garrison(any where other than the field almost) environment.Inspection Ready Berets?/ Are you authorized to wear them?
Yes you are authorized. Please do not make the mistake of walking around post with the patrol cap on unless you are under specific instructions to wear it, or are on a work detail. That is a pet peeve of many Commanding Officers, and CSM's. Do not give anyone the ability to make an example out of you.
- 1Mar 21, '11 by traumaRN1908Also if anyone else is in San Antonio, I am here too. I checked into building 592 this morning at 1130. FYI That is the post hotel (Big IHG sign out front across parade field from AMEDD Museum) I was hoping to get a room assigned on post as to avoid the morning commute, and traffic coming from the airport. It is a short drive, but why add additional stress?
If anyone else is here, if you do decide to check in early, you will be charged the gov't. rate of $79/nightly until the 23rd, on which, the Army will pick up the tab for the duration of your course. I have not seen what the rooms look like as of yet. I am still waiting to be informed that my room is ready. So I am officially homeless for a few more hours.
If you check in early you do not have to be in uniform, I did, and was stuck in it, and therefore limited in options of places to go until room is ready. They will need 1 copy of orders, a driver's license/mil ID, and a credit card.
If anyone is flying in and needs to be picked up from the airport on tuesday, PM me and I will try to be available.
Safe Traveling everyone!
- 0Mar 22, '11 by SoldierNurse22, BSN, RN, EMT-BSo I just started the nurse track at FSH and we heard that we are going to get to meet up with your class of nurses sometime this week or next week! I'm excited to meet all of you! When they give you the nametag at the meeting, include your AllNurses name on there so we can find each other!
- 0Mar 28, '11 by armyicurnQuote from allarmyallthetime22So I just started the nurse track at FSH and we heard that we are going to get to meet up with your class of nurses sometime this week or next week! I'm excited to meet all of you! When they give you the nametag at the meeting, include your AllNurses name on there so we can find each other!
What are they "teaching" you in the nsg track? When I did mine, it was extremely useless.
- 0Mar 28, '11 by SoldierNurse22, BSN, RN, EMT-BFrom what I've heard, they changed a lot. We just finished the Trauma Nurse Core Course, which reviewed and taught basic emergency assessments and skills, and we're starting in on the Army Nurse Standards of Care Model (ANSOC), which details the values that are central to the ANC and how those concepts are carried out on a daily basis on the floor, etc.