June 2013 BOLC Army Reserve ComponentRegister Today!
- by beepeadoo May 17Heading to Ft. Sam for my Reserve Component BOLC on June 6, just thought I'd see if anyone else on here is heading that way as well... looking forward to it!
Also wondered... Does anyone know if Reservists get BAH for BOLC?
- May 27 by lelandp1Hey, I hope I'm not breaking any rules here. I'm not a nurse but I'm married to one. I'm a physician assistant attending the June RC BOLC and I was hoping to get some contacts prior to getting there. My unit hasn't had a PA in 6 years and they haven't been able to give me any info except to tell me I'm all signed up and good to go.
- May 29 by migzI will be going on June 6th. No idea on the BAH...
- Jun 2 by mntal47Hello, I am also heading to Fort Sam on Thursday, wow it is fast approaching. I am not a nurse either. I am a 73A, social worker. I believe we get partial BHS but I think it depends on if you have a family. I talked with some other folks who went before me and they got BAH but a reduced amount. Was about 900 dollars but depends on what state you live in. What time are people landing in San Antonio. My unit doesn't allow us to rent cars so I will be one of the ones catching a cab to the base. Anyway, I am looking forward to starting and learning new things.
- Jun 2 by Meeh619Y'all come prepared for the heat, then the rain, then the heat!! Crazy weather!! But nice new hospital BAMC I mean SAMC!
- Jun 3 by nursespouseWe loved it, had a watergun fight with our kids out on the field inside the pt track, saturday we went for a hike out at Eisenhauer park. Both days seemed very hot.
- Jun 3 by carolinapoohI take my pup to Eisenhower all the time. Great beginner trails for a big boy like him.
Have you all ever been out to Government Canyon State Natural Area, off of Culebra outside 1604? It's on the recharge zone for the Edwards Aquifer. There are dinosaur footprints there! Just take plenty of H2O.
There are actually tons of parks/areas like that around here.
- Jun 3 by nursespouseNot yet but sounds like a plan for sure