FY 2014 Air Force Nursing - page 13
I have been following the thread for FY 2013 Air Force nursing and realize that many of the clinical nurses, including myself, were made alternates for FY 2014. The only information I have received from my recruiter is that I... Read More
- 0Aug 30, '13 by aliseel25Submitting my base preference list the other day is what actually made this whole process feel real for me. Of course I know I'm applying to be in the Air Force nurse corps, but it was just like wow, I might actually be at one of these places in the near future.
So I'm curious what bases you all put down on your dream sheet. Anyone care to share?
- 0Aug 31, '13 by Dreaming1007I'll be heading to Fort Sam Houston which is 30 min from Lackland in TX. One of the biggest military hospitals which is exciting but it was not on my dream sheet. Knowing how the AF operates I knew I wouldn't get anything on my dream sheet but Lackland is not bad at all. I could've ended up somewhere awful plus my husbands job has something to do with it too. I'm excited for our new adventure! I wish you the best of luck aliseel25 with the boards!
- 0Aug 31, '13 by aliseel25Quote from Dreaming1007That's great Dreaming1007. You'll get good experience there. You're NTP, right?? Will you do that there also or go somewhere else?I'll be heading to Fort Sam Houston which is 30 min from Lackland in TX. One of the biggest military hospitals which is exciting but it was not on my dream sheet. Knowing how the AF operates I knew I wouldn't get anything on my dream sheet but Lackland is not bad at all. I could've ended up somewhere awful plus my husbands job has something to do with it too. I'm excited for our new adventure! I wish you the best of luck aliseel25 with the boards!
I always liked Texas! I went to Lackland on a TDY and it was so strange and also funny to see all the BMT squadrons out on the Pad marching around And to see them wearing their BCG's at the BX. haha memories....
I only put bases on my dream sheet that have hospitals, which isn't very many. Gosh I hope I get one of them!
- 0Aug 31, '13 by Dreaming1007I'm doing NTP in AZ and then off to TX! My husband is thinking about doing to MTI thing but they work such long days for 8 weeks straight. I'm working now in a Level 1 Trauma/ER so having some experience for NTP is a little relieving. I'm having high anxiety about telling my job though which I won't do until I actually swear in. Any thoughts on when or how I should break the news??
- 0Sep 1, '13 by jfratianI would ask your coworkers What's appropriate notice For your hospital. Where I work they prefer that you finish out a six week schedule or Four weeks, Whatever comes first. You get blacklisted and never can work at the hospital again if you don't do that. However, I agree with what Was previously said. You should give the least possible notice While still staying on good terms. You never know what could happen to you before you report To COT.Last edit by jfratian on Sep 1, '13
- 0Sep 2, '13 by kenashRNCongrats Dreaming1007...hope all those waiting get some good news also. Was told I was selected as an alternate back in July, and just finished resubmitting my app a couple of weeks ago. I have been applying since Jan 2012. At this point I would just appreciate acceptance even if I didn't get anyplace from my dream list.