August 2012 COT - Page 7Register Today!
- Jun 7, '12 by rndiver82Hey all!! I found out today I will see you all in August at Maxwell!!! ASAHHHHHH!!!!
- Jun 7, '12 by FP83RNCongrats....where would you be stationed after cot
- Jun 7, '12 by ATLRN0828FP83RN...you're moving right along. Good job!
- Jun 7, '12 by rndiver82I will be stationed at Lackland. I have experience in burn care and Brooks has a burn unit (I think it's Brooks anyway) and the CNO I interviewed with marked me as a possible transition into the burn unit there. Plus, I have the possibility of becoming a transport nurse, soething I also have experience in, and my training would be primarily through Lackland and Brooks. So this has been an awesome day!!!
Now, time for my freak out: WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW?!?!? I'm finishing school, I am getting back into the gym, is there anything I should start reading in what little spare time I have? Should I start buying things for COT? I've been so pre-occupied with getting to this point I have no idea what the next step is besides signing my acceptance letter....:spin:
- Jun 7, '12 by ERMagsJust found out today I'll be joining everyone in August as well!! I'm ecstatic but sad at the same time because I was supposed to be leaving for a 2 week vacation to London on Aug 27 (which i already paid for) but now I guess I'm going to COT! My recruiter is trying to get me into the next class, especially because I specified that I couldn't go active duty until 10/1, but I told him if it's any trouble at all then I'll cancel the trip cause London will still be there! I'm so happy and grateful that'd I'd leave tomorrow if they asked me to!
I'm headed to Langley after COT!
- Jun 8, '12 by midinphxLackland is combined with Brooks Army med = San Antonio Military Med Center. We are mostly all combined and mixed together. There is a designated burn unit, at this time only army staff that unit - at least in the ICU. I floated there and have had great experiences working with them.
Good luck and Congrats to all of you new officers.
- Jun 8, '12 by rndiver82So, with my burn experience, could I be floated to that unit?! I loved working burns, as gross as hat sounds, or am I quarantined to the ER? Not complaining either way, just super curious. I also have transport experience, and the CNO from Scott recommended I look into a transport team assignment. Either way, I'm still on cloud 9 right now!!
- Jun 8, '12 by 2012RN2brndiver82,
I am also going to SAMMC, after COT. Are you near Scott I'm currently stationed at Scott.
- Jun 8, '12 by rndiver82I am in Missouri, in O'Fallon! I work at St. Louis s Children's in their ER. What department will you work in? I will be in the ER.
- Jun 8, '12 by ERMagsAnybody know anything about Langley? I know nothing haha! And my google searches aren't helpful.