August 2012 COT - Page 4Register Today!
- May 10, '12 by heirn13Hey ATLRN0828,Still no news on my commissioning so I am starting to think I might need to reschedule my trip. Such a bummer, but what can you do, right? As for you moving overseas, I lived overseas several times while growing up and each one was super exciting for me as a child. I think your son will really enjoy seeing new things. I have a friend that was in Japan until the tsunami and she said it was wonderful. Her kids are older, but they all really enjoyed living there. She showed me pictures of sme of the hot springs that they went to and they are amazing. I think a lot of it will be what you make of it. Have fun! I am slightly jealous of you actually
- May 10, '12 by ATLRN0828heirn13,Why do you have to reschedule your trip because you have not heard about your commissioning? I hope that you can still go even though you have not commissioned. Maybe that will help take your mind off the process; even if just for a little while. You are right, your assignment is what you make of it. Hopefully I will get to do a lot of travelling and sight-seeing while there.
- May 10, '12 by heirn13Hi ATLRN0828,
Heard anything?? I spoke to my recruiter today, but it is still a waiting game! The reason that I will reschedule my trip is so my dad can do the commissioning. If I am not approved to be commissioned then I will just try to schedule it for the end of next month. I'm just a planner and I had my mind set on how this was all going to happen....I guess this is a lesson best learned early on I know that the military works on its own timeline, not mine!
I hope that we stay in touch through all of this, to include after COT. I can't wait to hear about all of your travels. And we may end up stationed at the same base at some point)
- May 10, '12 by ATLRN0828Hey!
Nope haven't heard anything yet. Just not thinking about it much, I guess. So I'm guessing your recruiter had no new news.? I think for our military careers most of our type A personality traits will have to be thrown out of the window. That can be kind of hard for nurses, LOL. I forgot you said you want your dad to do your commissioning. I'm not even sure who will do mine. Maybe the LtCol I interviewed with. I'm sure we will stay in contact during and after this process. It's is a small world (Air Force) so you never know, we probably will.
- May 11, '12 by 4E.SMHello everyone,
Just wondering how much of an advance notice are you giving your employer/manager? (verbally vs written notice)
- May 11, '12 by ATLRN0828Hey 4E.SM,I'm not really sure yet. I figured I would give notice after my commissioning. What were you thinking for timeframe?
- May 11, '12 by 4E.SMATLRN0828, I'm still deciding on when to tell my manager. I actually just started working at my current hospital in January. I plan to leave on my 6 months mark (in July). My friends were telling me not to tell them too soon, cuz the manager might treat me "differently." So I'm stumped... Any advice on that?
- May 11, '12 by ATLRN0828Hey 4E.SM
I have heard the same thing but not sure if it's true or not. I least plan on taking a month off to travel and see family/friends who live out of state. I've never really known anyone to give more than the normal 2 weeks and usually they were able to work work until the end with no problem. Sorry I have no real advice; I'm not sure though . Let me know what you decide.
- May 18, '12 by ATLRN0828Hey everyone!
I talked to my recruiter yesterday and my security clearance came back. Now she said we are just waiting on Congress to approve the scroll and that should happen anyday now. Has anyone else been progressing?
- May 18, '12 by icurnanthonyNo progress yet. Talked to recruiter yesterday and he said I should be commissioning next month since my degree paperwork finally came through. Read somewhere that we could get our IDs with our commissioning paperwork and drivers license at any base before COT, anybody know if this is the case? Would like to get mine and my wife's as soon as possible.