August 2012 COT - Page 12Register Today!
- Jun 15, '12 by samm0705I am moving from Orlando, FL. and originally from Long Island NY so this will be different lol
- Jun 15, '12 by ATLRN0828heirn13,
That's cool that you have already gotten an email from your flight commander!
- Jun 16, '12 by heirn13samm0705,
I have a 5 yr old daughter that will start kindergarten in Texas also. I have been researching and putting out feelers for ideas of where to live. I was thinking that living closer to BAMC would make more sense, but have not decided yet. I plan to live off base as of right now, but we shall see if that changes once I am able to speak with a sponsor and get some questions answered. We should definitely compare notes. How long have you worked NICU? Congratulations on everything!
- Jun 16, '12 by heirn13ATLRN0828,
You have no idea how excited I was to see that email too!! How is everything going with your medical clearance and such? Did you already quit your job in preparation for all of your summer travels?
- Jun 16, '12 by samm0705Heirn13,
I think I am going to live off base as well but that means the kids wont be a ble to go to school on base because I understand only kids who live on base can go to school on base. I wanted him to go to school on base. Living closer to BAMC would make sense but it's about 30 mintues from Lackland AFB I understand. You will probably speak to a sponsor before me so share info if you learn anything soon. Still waiting for security clearance so not sworn in yet. Congrats to moving forward.....COT here we come....!!!
- Jun 18, '12 by ATLRN0828Heirn13,Well medical clearance is done and dental clearance will be done tomorrow. Then I will submit the forms and see what happens from there. I haven't quit my job yet, lol. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. How are things going for you? You should join the FB group samm0705 made.
- Jun 18, '12 by bryangoSo I just found out that I am in!!!!! I will be joining you all for Aug COT. Afterwards I will be going to Nellis.
- Jun 18, '12 by midinphxCongrats Bryango! Great feeling!
For those of you coming to Lackland, be aware that inpatient care is all at BAMC which is not geographically far from Lackland, but traffic wise can be a nightmare. I don't have to go to Lackland very often and moved closer to BAMC. After COT you can go to temporary housing for $30ish a night until you find where to live. I thought this was a helpful website. Welcome to Lackland Force Support Squadron
- Jun 18, '12 by heirn13Thank you for the info midinphx, I can use all the advice you are willing to give! I will take a look at the site you mentioned.
- Jun 18, '12 by heirn13Congratulations bryango!! Join us on the Facebook page too.