AUGUST 2011 COTRegister Today!
- by tee_byrd May 25, '11Hi.. I just wanted to start this Thread so we can know who's attending or planning on attending COT in August.
Update: I received a call from my recruiter saying that my finger prints came back and I'm ready to commission in. I also asked about the bonus and from what was said, the bonus is still available for us and we'll get it during that 1st few months after we get to our duty station!!!
I'm excited to meet everyone. I've started to do pushup and sit ups but after these few days, I'm really sore!! Hope everyone else is having a better experience getting fit for COT!!Last edit by tee_byrd on May 25, '11 : Reason: Miss print
- May 26, '11 by w2cross2blueThanks tee byrd for starting this thread! I am commissioning this Friday! I am super pumped and excited! My recruiter sent me a package for my commissioning and it included the bonus paperwork. I am still working on my push ups, sit ups, and running. I am hoping to be ready by August! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone
- May 26, '11 by razorsharkQuote from w2cross2blueSo proud of you...I'll be quiet now, lol.Thanks tee byrd for starting this thread! I am commissioning this Friday! I am super pumped and excited! My recruiter sent me a package for my commissioning and it included the bonus paperwork. I am still working on my push ups, sit ups, and running. I am hoping to be ready by August! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone
- Jun 3, '11 by superman07Congrats on getting ready to commission guys! I can't wait till it's my turn. I just met with my recruiter today, and did my digital signature for the FBI secret clearance, and he said that all we will be waiting for now is the ok to commission. He said that this usually takes about a month. He also mentioned that I still would not be able to commission until a month before I am actually leaving for COT. I am scheduled for Oct. 17 COT.
I am wondering why everyone else seems to be commissioning more than 30 days of their COT. My recruiter said that they make the 30 day rule to be fair for everyone. Is this true? He said that he will check on the exact details. But, I would like to be able to swear in as soon as possible. Anyone able to help me with the exact rules and details.
- Jun 7, '11 by tee_byrdI'm not too sure as far as their rules goes about commissioning but I read that people are commissioning more than a month before COT.. At least 2-3 months prior.. I'll ask my recruiter and let you know..
- Jun 7, '11 by superman07Thanks tee-byrd, please let me know what your recruiter says, and possibly any link or resource I can show my recruiter. He seems pretty sure on the 30 day rule.
- Jun 23, '11 by w2cross2blueWe now have a facebook group page for August COT. It is USAF COT 11-06. Feel free to join in on the fun as we all get ready to go!
- Jun 23, '11 by luvbug080688i comissioned 8-july-10 for the cot 10-06 (august) last year with no issues.