army nursingRegister Today!
- by Tschinault Jan 3I am trying to snag a job with the army as a civilian nurse in Germany. I am very confused about this rating scale. I realize you accrue points for certain things. Anyone know how this works?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805717©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,054 Views
- Jan 3 by GrnTeaI think there's a military nursing forum. Try asking there.
- Jan 5 by jeckrnBasically it gives you points for your experience, education etc. Based on these points the HR office will determine your pay grade and scale.
- Jan 6 by leekun2010Quote from Tschinaultcheck out medcell.army.milI am trying to snag a job with the army as a civilian nurse in Germany. I am very confused about this rating scale. I realize you accrue points for certain things. Anyone know how this works?
- Jan 11 by TschinaultIs a GS-11 a good rating? I trying to learn about these things.
- Jan 12 by leekun2010whats a gs-11?
- Jan 12 by LunahRNQuote from leekun2010GS is General Schedule, the system under which civil service workers are graded/paid. Most of the RNs I work with are GS-10s or GS-11s.whats a gs-11?
- Jan 12 by TschinaultThank you so much. I am hoping I get an offer, so is my family. Appreciate your answering so much. I am a lot confused about all this right now. I have been researching, just in hopes, and I think I am even more confused than I was before. All works out in the end. Thanks again!
- Jan 18 by TschinaultI am an ER nurse also. It happens to be my first love but I needed a change and went to the OR. I still work in the ER 1 day a week, I can't let it go, while working full time in the OR. I have a few questions hopefully you may be able to help. Do you happen to know how long it usually takes to hear something? it is a direct hire position from Landstuhl. (in truth it has only been a week since I was rated, obviously I am very excited). How long might my family and I have to move to Germany? any information would be greatly appreciated!