Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - Page 81Register Today!
- 2 weeks from today!!! Happy Valentines! Looking forward to spending St Patty's day & Easter, but not so much Mother's Day with you all!
- Feb 14 by AjaxAndronicusQuote from Qtp2t RNHey Cathy!
Wait a minute, Ajax! I'm an Army Reservist, who took the $50K Loan Repayment bonus 3 years ago (Feb 2010, to be exact) and was boarded for LTHET in Nov 2012. I got picked up for USAGPAN and will make the transition to Active Duty this Spring in order to join the USAGPAN class starting in June 2013.
It IS possible! Let me know if you have any questions about the process. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
That's great congrats on getting into usagpan! I am going to take the 3 year RC obligation w/ loan repayment and drop a application for LTHET 2 years from now for start usagpan 2016. Great to hear that it is possible to go RC to LTHET, will definitely PM soon!
- I commissioned over 6 weeks ago. But thanks for the info.
Quote from HooahNurse0221Not true. You will get your bonus once you actually commission and are processed through finance down in San Antonio. They cannot give you a bonus not knowing where to send it and without having an official commission. Good Luck
- I have already commissioned. This is a sign on bonus that is provided upfront to nurse anesthetists. I am not as concerned about when I receive the money; although it was told to me repeatedly that I receive it upon commissioning when all of the paperwork is finished. Someone on this board asked if people had received orders yet, and I was making it known that although I have already commissioned, and HRC has requested that my orders be sent, I have yet to receive them. When questioning my recruiter on timing, he stated I should receive the bonus prior to my orders.
BTW, there are combat boots made for women. They just don't have them local to me. I ordered some online. The men's boots were either too narrow or too wide in the heel. I will see if I have better luck with a women's boot.
Lizzardmommy--that base is too far north for me to drive too. I would be better off heading to Detroit or Chicago. A fellow reservist here said just to order online or go to Selfridge. Good luck to you!
And good luck to your wife, nursespouse!
Quote from nursespouseThis is what I thought, just did not want to push the issue. I am aware that some reservists report to their reserve unit before BOLC, but until your enrolled in finance/mypay which can only happen after commissioning, which is done with your DA71 at Ft. Sam. I am sure they would not cut a check or deposit some money to someone that is not yet in the Army(officially)
- Maura, I wear the Nike SFB (special forces boot) -- it is extremely lightweight and comfortable! Great for those 12 hour shifts in the ER on my feet. The size is the same as Nike running shoes, so if you know your foot size in a men's Nike running shoe, you would order the same size in Nike SFBs. I looooove my Nikes!! Best price is on the Exchange online, $109: https://shop.aafes.com/shop/Product....1&PFID=D823W9A
- LunahRNWhat are the chances I will wear scrubs in the ICU?
- Quote from MauraI wear them daily, as do sooooo many other soldiers that I see. Never had a problem! I am also buying myself some more expensive Rocky boots -- I want something a little more supportive/boot-like for possible future deployments. The Nikes are great for the hospital, though!Thanks, Lunah! I have seen those boots listed, but they always list the caveat of not being approved. It has made me nervous to try them. I may give them a shot.