Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - page 80
by AjaxAndronicus 122,520 Views | 905 Comments
Hey everybody, I'm starting a thread here for those applying to the Army Nurse Corps in FY2013. I figure this might be a good place to get to know other future nurse corps officers and a place for the veterans of the ANC to pass... Read More
- 0Feb 12, '13 by jeckrnQuote from Qtp2t RNIt sounds like you get picked up by active duty, not the reserves. I am not saying it is impossible but it is hard because of the way schools are funded in the reserves vs AD.Wait a minute, Ajax! I'm an Army Reservist, who took the $50K Loan Repayment bonus 3 years ago (Feb 2010, to be exact) and was boarded for LTHET in Nov 2012. I got picked up for USAGPAN and will make the transition to Active Duty this Spring in order to join the USAGPAN class starting in June 2013.
It IS possible! Let me know if you have any questions about the process. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
~CathyLast edit by Pixie.RN on Feb 13, '13 : Reason: format
- 1Feb 13, '13 by HooahNurse0221Quote from Ricky PFor you it is different. New Accessions do not get an RFO, they just get orders with Special Directions. Since you are active duty you need to go see your AG for a briefing then the local orders issuing authority will cut your orders. I had to do the same thing when I commissioned.Hi Everyone,
Just a quick question. How long after the issue of your RFO to HRC, did you guys get your orders. I just got my RFO issued today. I am currently active duty enlisted soldier.
- 0Feb 13, '13 by HooahNurse0221Quote from MauraNot true. You will get your bonus once you actually commission and are processed through finance down in San Antonio. They cannot give you a bonus not knowing where to send it and without having an official commission. Good LuckNo, I get my bonus before BOLC. This has been repeatedly asked and answered. It's a sign on bonus. I just would be surprised to get it before my orders.On another note: I am looking for places to go and try on women's combat boots. My local army surplus only had men's styles, and nothing fit. I hate to order over the Internet and then need to send back. I have a hard time fitting shoes. I live in Michigan. Thanks!
- 0Feb 13, '13 by nursespouseQuote from HooahNurse0221This is what I thought, just did not want to push the issue. I am aware that some reservists report to their reserve unit before BOLC, but until your enrolled in finance/mypay which can only happen after commissioning, which is done with your DA71 at Ft. Sam. I am sure they would not cut a check or deposit some money to someone that is not yet in the Army(officially)Not true. You will get your bonus once you actually commission and are processed through finance down in San Antonio. They cannot give you a bonus not knowing where to send it and without having an official commission. Good Luck
- 0[QUOTE=Chasenu68;7168386]Brandonscott, I am prior service also, my report date on my orders is 14MAR13 to fort Sam. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE
Yes this helps a lot. LTC W got back with me and told me it should start 14MAR as well but that my report date could be as early as 10MAR. He said we do not get the 10 days of TLE to find housing that only a few days. 10 days are only for active who are PCSing he said. So I guess I will see everyone in a short month.Last edit by brandonscott116 on Feb 13, '13 : Reason: typo
- 0Feb 13, '13 by nursespouseQuote from brandonscott116If you know you are in, why not just go get the stuff now, am I mistaken, you already have an ID card right?Still waiting on my orders so I can go and get some of the packing list. If you guys are reporting 28FEB are just now getting them... I probably still have a week or so which sucks.
- 0Quote from nursespouseNo unfortunately I do not and that is why I am waiting on orders. I am fortunate that I am prior service and I have some of the stuff already but there is still a lot to purchase. So waiting on orders it is I guess.If you know you are in, why not just go get the stuff now, am I mistaken, you already have an ID card right?