Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - page 77
by AjaxAndronicus 122,343 Views | 905 Comments
Hey everybody, I'm starting a thread here for those applying to the Army Nurse Corps in FY2013. I figure this might be a good place to get to know other future nurse corps officers and a place for the veterans of the ANC to pass... Read More
- 0Quote from nursespouseMy wife went with her recruiter today to buy a bunch of uniform stuff. She forgot multiple things. ie. beret or asu cap, asu belt, rank bars for the asu coat, asu shoes/pumps, pin on name tags for asu. She now has all PT gear though, along with all acu gear. Just a reminder to all of you some things just get forgotten in the shuffle.I hope Summer gets hers soon
- 0Feb 8, '13 by HooahNurse0221Quote from nursespouseDon't waiste your money on the ASU cap. She will never wear it. Only honor guard members really wear it and she is an officer so you know that won't happen. Also look at Marlow white for ASU's. Premium Package makes a huge difference. You can tell those uniforms apart just by looking at them in person. They fit better and are silkier so the hang real nice. Cost a little more but more than worth it. My wife was coined be her Commandant during their Class A inspection.My wife went with her recruiter today to buy a bunch of uniform stuff. She forgot multiple things. ie. beret or asu cap, asu belt, rank bars for the asu coat, asu shoes/pumps, pin on name tags for asu. She now has all PT gear though, along with all acu gear. Just a reminder to all of you some things just get forgotten in the shuffle.
- 2Feb 8, '13 by HooahNurse0221Quote from lizzardmommyYes it is true AMEDD Officers have it a little easier but at the same time lives are in your hands literally so there is a trade off. 5 Babies WOW!!!!!! I am one of 5 boys to a single mom so god bless you, yeah the little ones have me pulling my hair out LOL. My 2 year old is the worst. His response to everything is NO!! Being prior NCO it sends chills up my spine and I have to remember ""kid gloves" LOL. It is great though because I have come to develope such an appreciation for what my wife did and just how easy it WAS NOT!! But good luck to you and I hope you get everything out of the Army you want, because the truth is in the Army you always have family. As a civilian if you were walking down the highway or broken down someone might stop, but as a Soldier we take care of our own always!!! Almost like a big brother concept where we can pick on you but lord help someone else who does ;-). I love being a Soldier and know you will as well. Stay motivated!!Yeah I never meant all you do is exercise the body but rather that everyone seems so focused on how easy physically BOLC is and therefor implies it is some sort of vacation or something. I actually had a coworker say that to me! "Enjoy your little vaca in TX!" Are you kidding me! Haha! I just have had a bit of negativity from people who act like officers have it really easy and are looked at as spoiled or lazy. I don't know firsthand yet but I can't see that being true. I wish I could drive! It is like a zillion mile drive from MI. Maybe I can buy a bicycle I am proud of you for sacrificing for your family and taking such good care of those little ones! As the mom of 5 I know how much work that is! Is that FM 6-22 in the officer manual? Just an FYI having never been military before I found out a little pearl today! We qualify for the service members Civil Relief Act for our mortgages, credit cards, and student loans! It allows us to defer our student loans and caps interest rates at 6% on everything as well as eliminates late fees! I was quite excited about this! I am sure everyone else Alreadyknew about this but it pleased me..hehe! This gives my family even more money ea month and will allow me to pay off things faster! All you have to do is call your creditors and fax them a copy of your orders when you get them!
- 0Feb 9, '13 by AjaxAndronicusHey everybody, congrats to everybody heading to bolc, I'm jealous that I'm not heading down there with you guys.
The Army gave three options yesterday, I'd lik to hear what you all think.
1. Stay on OML for AD and reapply for ad for fy 2014
2. Flip to reserves commission as a 66h get a loan repayment of 50k and serve 3years at ft.meade.
3. Flip to reserves as 8a for 1year and apply to usagpan as thru LTHET
I am torn between repaying my student loans and taking a shot a full ride for grad school.
What do you think?
- 0Feb 9, '13 by brandonscott116Quote from chudderThanks.. unfortunately my family won't be coming down to BOLC is probably over but I guess I will go home every night and.... sleep maybe?? Haha... sorta sucks.brandonscott116, you will go home to your family every night except those that you spend in the field at camp bullis