Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - page 74
by AjaxAndronicus 122,974 Views | 905 Comments
Hey everybody, I'm starting a thread here for those applying to the Army Nurse Corps in FY2013. I figure this might be a good place to get to know other future nurse corps officers and a place for the veterans of the ANC to pass... Read More
- 0Feb 5, '13 by DaniRN421Quote from lizzardmommyBefore you take a road trip, you could try creating an account on the exchange website. I created an account and was able to order additional uniforms that I was not able to get on base. The website is Shopmyexchange.com. You have to do some clicking to get to the right page, but when you are there click on the uniform store.Okay, I will speak with my recruiter and see if we can take a road trip together. How about the dress uniform? Can I wait until I get there to purchase that? When will we wear that during BOLC...only for graduation?
It may not work because you have not received orders yet, but it's worth a try. I was able to do it, but I used my husbands info because he is in the USMC. I never tried my info, but it might work.
- 0Quote from LauRiNYeah!!! Super excited! I will PM you when I get my orders! I am hoping to get my ticket soon as prices go up closer to the travel date. Are you thinking of coming a day or so early or arriving on report date? Right now I am so overwhelmed by the clothes situation it is sad and quite pathetic. No matter what super excited to meet you!Lizzardmommy, yes! Let's do talk about being roommates once we get our orders (uh!...I'm still waiting on mine too!) and have our travel arrangements set. I think it would be awesome if we could arrange it!
- 0Feb 5, '13 by Pixie.RN Senior ModeratorQuote from lizzardmommyASUs are usually worn with the skirt -- for females. I have both the skirt and the pants -- I have tattoos on my legs that show with the skirt unless I wear three layers of pantyhose and don't feel like breathing/eating/drinking at whatever function. Pants can be worn but are technically not allowed at formal functions -- females should wear the skirt in that case. I wore the pants to a court martial, though.Do I have to buy the ACU with pants or can I choose a skirt?
- 0Quote from LunahRNShould I dare ask about the court martial? Nah! So then if I am a skirt kinda girl do I really have to buy the pants?ASUs are usually worn with the skirt -- for females. I have both the skirt and the pants -- I have tattoos on my legs that show with the skirt unless I wear three layers of pantyhose and don't feel like breathing/eating/drinking at whatever function. Pants can be worn but are technically not allowed at formal functions -- females should wear the skirt in that case. I wore the pants to a court martial, though.
- 0Feb 6, '13 by LauRiNLizzardmommy, Soooo excited to meet you!!! I too am extremely overwhelmed (uniforms, moving, and making sure I pack everything necessary!) but filled with excitement! I "plan" on being in San Antonio on the 27th and staying with a family friend that night. As of now I am going to drive from Colorado. Let's PM and figure out details!...not sure how to PM on here yet