Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - page 7
by AjaxAndronicus | 127,589 Views | 905 Comments
Hey everybody, I'm starting a thread here for those applying to the Army Nurse Corps in FY2013. I figure this might be a good place to get to know other future nurse corps officers and a place for the veterans of the ANC to pass... Read More
- 0Oct 29, '12 by jeckrnQuote from ejack2078Good luck, can image it will be tuff to switch over to AD as a Major right now. I know it has been done in the past so you never know.Hello everyone,
Major Jackson here. Going up for the 2013 boards again this year. This is my second go around at this active duty thing. This year I added a master's degree and two very stellar OER's. Hoping this puts me in the "in box" with the rest of you super candidates.
- 0Nov 2, '12 by lizzardmommyI am counting down the days! I wish I wasn't so hopeful, but it would be just so fantastic to hear the word "selected!" I was told we would hear something around the 13th! I hope it is a lucky day for many of us! I know for me I am a critical care RN so there are only 10 being selected and the odds aren't great, but I believe God is watching out for all of us and I pray I can accept whatever the board decides and figure out how to best go forward after their decision.
- 0Nov 5, '12 by Ricky PHi everyone,
Today is the 5th of November. It decides career for some of us. I am here in Germany and counting the time in States. Last thing i heard was on friday that my packet for the board was on QC status because they had call outs when they go through the review. They needed me to sign one more paperwork, which i did and send it back to them. When i called the OIC of the recruiting station today, they haven't heard any call outs, which means they could be board ready. But he couldn't tell me because he did not have the access to check the status. Only the NCOIC has that access. I had to wait till the NCOIC gets better and comes back to work. Does anybody has such situation in which their packet is not board ready till the last minute. It kinda sucks because i have come all the way this far and what if they deny my packet at the last minute. Its so sad that there is nothing else i can do but just wait. I wish you guys all the best.
- 0Nov 5, '12 by jessa951Hello fellow nurses!
I have also applied to the board for the 2013 FY! I am currently a second degree student @ NYU with a graduation date this May. Apparently, there were 3 other stellar candidates that applied to the board from the NY office. Does anyone have any updates or news on the boards? Does anyone know how many applied? SUPER NERVOUS!! I will probably be checking this everyday in hopes to hear good news and updates from you all as well!!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!
- 1Nov 6, '12 by nursespouseQuote from jessa951a spouse, but from what I hear they are selecting a portion of the people, specifically with less than 2 years. So I think you are good there. My wife has a little over 4 years, a 3.8, and a few certifications. that helped her. Still the group of nurses with experience are all very good. It is a tough field of talented nurses. Good luck on getting selected, the Army is an awesome experience.nursespouse- I fall under the 0-2 years of experience category. I am currently still a student. I do have a 3.9 GPA and an internship in the ICU (so hopefully that will help a little!) How about you?? Or are you an applicant's spouse?
- 0Nov 7, '12 by Mslecia20Quote from jessa951Could you please private message me? I have some questions for you.nursespouse- I fall under the 0-2 years of experience category. I am currently still a student. I do have a 3.9 GPA and an internship in the ICU (so hopefully that will help a little!) How about you?? Or are you an applicant's spouse?