Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - page 69
by AjaxAndronicus 122,190 Views | 905 Comments
Hey everybody, I'm starting a thread here for those applying to the Army Nurse Corps in FY2013. I figure this might be a good place to get to know other future nurse corps officers and a place for the veterans of the ANC to pass... Read More
- 0Quote from LunahRN. It wasn't on our wish list, and we begged for anything at all anywhere else haha. She said she already decided and Sill is where she had to go, so we just left it at that. I guess it would be fun to ask take the kids to an arty shoot, I have some friends at the schoolhouse there, maybe I can get some cool things for my kids to see. Who knows?That's pretty typical for experienced nurses who are joining -- they go to a MEDDAC, not a MEDCEN, because they can hit the ground running and don't need the six months of orientation that new grads get. Did she have other choices besides Sill, or was it only Sill?
- 0Feb 1, '13 by lizzardmommyI got Ft Gordon DDEMC on the ICU. Also, not on my wish list and nope a choice wasn't offered but I am excited for GA weather and I am sure I will work with some great peeps! It will be a huge change to work on a 14 bed ICU compared to the 70 bed lvl 1 Trauma center I currently work on!
- 0I know two people at DDEMC (pronounced "diddy-mac," LOL) in the ICU, and they enjoy it and are awesome peeps. One of my coworkers worked on a post-surgical floor at DDEMC prior to coming to Ft. Stewart, and she loved it there. I hope you love it, too! I wouldn't mind working there next. I don't want to leave the GA sunshine!!
- 0Quote from LunahRN. U ladies enjoy your sunshine, we get to move from Jacksonville, FL with our rivers and beaches and things to do, and head to Lawton OK. Where the have sand, and "a" tree. My wifes hometown is Augusta GA, you will like it there.I know two people at DDEMC (pronounced "diddy-mac," LOL) in the ICU, and they enjoy it and are awesome peeps. One of my coworkers worked on a post-surgical floor at DDEMC prior to coming to Ft. Stewart, and she loved it there. I hope you love it, too! I wouldn't mind working there next. I don't want to leave the GA sunshine!!
- 0Quote from jeckrnLunah, my wife is most likely heading to stewart to the clothing and sales, are they usually pretty stocked there with uniforms, and do the carry the Nike SFB. Her uniforms are on the tiny side.When I was looking at Ft Gordon and housing it appeared that the housing was nicer in South Carolina then Georgia. From what I understand the taxes are also less, not that they are high in Georgia.
- 0They do not have some smaller sizes at Ft. Stewart. Ugh. I wear x-small/short ACU tops, and the clothing sales personnel informed me that they'd have to special order those from Ft. Hood. Of course, me being a smarty-pants, I asked if that's where the midget brigade was... they were not amused. Haha. I wear small/x-short pants, and they do carry those. She might want to call them before driving all the way up: (912) 368-4572. They don't carry the Nike SFB -- I ordered mine from Nike for $130, then found out they carried them at the Exchange Online (The Exchange) for $99. LOL.
Edited to add: the price at the Exchange Online has gone up to $109, but you can usually get a weekly coupon for a percentage off. Still a good deal.