Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - Page 67Register Today!
- Jan 28 by brandonscott116Quote from chudderThank you so much for all the info as it has been very helpful. Today someone from the ONe Source Housing contacted me and got all my information to help me find a place to live. They are supposed to be calling me back tomorrow so I can talk to a relocation specialist who is supposed to work with me on finding a place that will work for me and my family. I hear the waiting list for base housing is pretty extensive as I figured it would be and that it might be cheaper to move off post anyway. Like I stated earlier, I have to be careful not to get to far in over my head and watch my payment but I need something safe in a good area for my wife and daughter.Since you are permanent party at Ft Sam, you will not be provided lodging during BOLC. You need to find an apartment or house when you arrive, and you will start receiving BAH immediately. You will get 10 days TLE that you can take either at home or when you arrive. We took it when we arrived and used that time to lease a house.
Look into doing a partial PPM if you're driving here.
You should be reimbursed for you and your wife's travel, but I'm not sure how that works since we moved together... google it or ask around once you get here. I have several classmates who came out before their families and it worked out fine for them.
It doesn't hurt to get on the waiting list for housing. Call the housing office... they will put you on the list as soon as you have orders in hand that you can fax to them along with your completed application.
There are plenty of options that are safe and less than or right around BAH. Be sure to check out the greatschools web site if your kids are school aged.
- Jan 28 by kirb32ok I am confused at how you know where you are on the OML because my recruiter said thats not something they give out so i don't know hwere i am and aftere reading this site I have asked my recruiter several times if tthere is any information on this and she said that she did hear that they were gonna pull ppl off the list I am just confused how you found all your information out.
- Jan 29 by brandonscott116Quote from kirb32My recruiter told me last week when I was pulled off the OML. If you aren't getting any info from your recruiter then I would suggest you email LTC *****. I was originally told by my recruiter that he did not know where I was on the OML. I contacted ****** and he updated me with where I was on the list and the NLT date that we were supposed to hear news. He would be your best bet if you still haven't heard anything.ok I am confused at how you know where you are on the OML because my recruiter said thats not something they give out so i don't know hwere i am and aftere reading this site I have asked my recruiter several times if tthere is any information on this and she said that she did hear that they were gonna pull ppl off the list I am just confused how you found all your information out.Last edit by Meriwhen on Jan 29 : Reason: TOS: Please do not post names/identifying information of staff. Thank you.
- Jan 29 by vtrobinsonKirb32 - I would say that you need to move this up the chain ASAP. Report date is 28 Feb. Send me a PM if you need LTC W's email address.
- Jan 29 by vtrobinsonThe USAGPAN OML list is out for those who were lucky enough to be pulled...I will be signing with the next 48 hours. I will be seeing some of you in San Antonio in less than a month!
- Jan 29 by AjaxAndronicusCongrats to you usagpan OML folks!
Has anyone heard about OML for 66h 8a m5 ?
I was placed on OML on nov 21 and I'm hoping to come off it sometime soon. They gave me option for going RC, but I don't want to go reserves and hear about people being pulled from OML.
Either way I'm ready to serve, would like to be full time Army if I can help it.
Congrats again to you vt and the rest pulled from USAGPAN OML
- Jan 29 by brandonscott116Quote from vtrobinsonThey received my scroll today and I am scheduled to commission and sign tomorrow. I can't believe this is all real. So we do report 28 Feb? I thought BOLC didn't start until the middle of March? If that is true I am even more anxious since I have A LOT to do before then. Packing list, sell house, find a new house, pack, etc. Shew... these next few weeks are going to be a whirlwind but I am excited to be meeting some of you very soon down in SA.Kirb32 - I would say that you need to move this up the chain ASAP. Report date is 28 Feb. Send me a PM if you need LTC W's email address.
- Jan 30 by DaniRN421I got my Orders today! I will be going to BOLC on 28 Feb.
- Jan 30 by lizzardmommyThis board seems to bring me good luck! Whenever I post on here progress seems to follow so I shall post today in hopes that I too will get my orders soon. My recruiter now tells me that my pending test date for the CCRN exam mid February will not delay my orders and we had previously thought. Still, I have not gotten that blessed phone call yet to arrange things! I am on pins and needles wondering if I will need to be ready for BOLC in just a month or if I have many months yet to wait! Argh! I am so happy to see that many of you were pulled from the OML list! Who else is waiting to hear when they will attend BOLC yet?