Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - Page 65Register Today!
- It might be an automatic thing now, but I'm not 100% sure.
- Jan 28 by chudderLast I heard is that you should be going to pre-BOLC if you have no prior service in the Army. It is not automatic, but HRC is supposed to slot you in for the extra 2 weeks to get up to speed before all the prior service / reservists / ROTC folks show up... it was a little tedious but I found it very helpful overall.
- Jan 28 by chudderSince you are permanent party at Ft Sam, you will not be provided lodging during BOLC. You need to find an apartment or house when you arrive, and you will start receiving BAH immediately. You will get 10 days TLE that you can take either at home or when you arrive. We took it when we arrived and used that time to lease a house.
Look into doing a partial PPM if you're driving here.
You should be reimbursed for you and your wife's travel, but I'm not sure how that works since we moved together... google it or ask around once you get here. I have several classmates who came out before their families and it worked out fine for them.
It doesn't hurt to get on the waiting list for housing. Call the housing office... they will put you on the list as soon as you have orders in hand that you can fax to them along with your completed application.
There are plenty of options that are safe and less than or right around BAH. Be sure to check out the greatschools web site if your kids are school aged.
- Jan 28 by nursespouseQuote from chudderI am sure it will help her a little, but I have been preparing her pretty tediously. I am sure she would love the extra 2 weeks vacation anyway lol.Last I heard is that you should be going to pre-BOLC if you have no prior service in the Army. It is not automatic, but HRC is supposed to slot you in for the extra 2 weeks to get up to speed before all the prior service / reservists / ROTC folks show up... it was a little tedious but I found it very helpful overall.
- Have any of the others selected under less than 2 years experience received their dates for BOLC?
- Jan 28 by LauRiNDaniRN,I was going to ask the same thing. I have less than 2 years experience and don't have dates yet. I think waiting for orders is more stressful than the selection process!
- Jan 28 by HooahNurse0221My wife was one of the few selected with under 2 years experience and she sarted BOLC 23 January.
- Jan 28 by HooahNurse0221Good afternoon everyone, So my wife is at BOLC and she has begun her classes. Please do not take this and not prepare but she told me that compared to Basic, BOLC is summercamp. Like all Army schools it is a hurry up and wait game but, the cool thing is she was offered for her first PT test to be the record for her class or she could take one at the end, so my advise is prepare and get it over with in the beginning. If you have any questions please ask and I will ask her and respond. Best wishes and again good luck to all.
- I completely agree! It is so much more stressful waiting for my dates. However, I did hear from the branch manager today and he said that he submitted my RFO request for Feb. 28th... What does that mean?