Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - Page 5Register Today!
- Oct 11, '12 by AjaxAndronicusSo I don't know the actual form, but its basically a sheet that you give your recruiter with your student loan account numbers on it. The recruiter will send these forms out to your lenders and will tell them you are planning on commissioning in the army. Thy in turn should but your loans on military deferment and give the recruiter your information. With that info they should write it into your contract for signing, before your packet goes to the board. Good luck! Let me know if I can help!
- Oct 11, '12 by Ricky PHello Everyone,
I am also one of those people who have applied for direct commissioning for fy 2013. However my situation is little bit different. I am an active duty enlisted soldier in the US Army. I am currently serving as a combat medic. However, i joined the Army as an ADN and while i was in the service, i did RN to BSN ( which was a big challenge for me). I just got my BSN in May of 2013. I was in touch with my recruiter for a long time. He said that my paper works were good. He was corresponding with the higher ups with my paper. So far they found only two minor papers missing in my packet which they already have it now. He said it was good now and not to panic. Also i worked for 11 months as a RN before i joined the service. They gave me credit for 6 months in the eval.
SO my question out of curiosity is ," Do i have a higher edge than others since i am a prior service?" My recruiter told me i had a really good chance of being selected. I trust him. But we all know they are recruiters. Its nothing official until its in paper. Also once someone get selected, approximately how long do they have to wait to go to OBC in Fort SAM.
- Oct 11, '12 by LunahRNRicky P, I'd say your chances are good -- I went to BOLC with plenty of prior service folks, and that did seem to make a difference in selection. Thank you for your service -- I adore my medics in the ER, couldn't do my job half as well without them! Best of luck, keep us posted.
- Oct 11, '12 by jeckrnI agree with Lunah, as long as you NCOER's are good you should not have any issues since they know that you can cut it.
- Oct 11, '12 by jeckrnQuote from lizzardmommyI did not fill out my paperwork for the loan repayment until after I was accepted by the board.Should my recruiter have asked about specific info regarding my loans though so he could fill out paperwork? He only asked what incentive I would be choosing. Thanks for the tips on the pushups/situps. I had heard of the pushup site, but not the situp one. I have a lot of work to do as far as all that goes. I lost 41 pounds and am beginning to work on that phase of things now...argh.
- Oct 19, '12 by AjaxAndronicusJust signed papers for loan repayment, packet at battalion. Commission board meets oct 30th or Nov 5. Hopefully will hear if I got a commission before thanksgiving! Good luck to all you other nurses applying!
- Oct 19, '12 by leekun2010Quote from AjaxAndronicusI hope things go wellJust signed papers for loan repayment, packet at battalion. Commission board meets oct 30th or Nov 5. Hopefully will hear if I got a commission before thanksgiving! Good luck to all you other nurses applying!
- Oct 20, '12 by AjaxAndronicusThanks Leekun! How is life going in the reserves?
- Oct 21, '12 by Run360Hello everyone! I have submitted my packet for review for FY2013 and am excited about the incredibly opportunities that the army has to offer. I am a relatively new nurse with limited experience in a very small ICU. With this in mind, my recruiter has suggested that I enter as a med-surg nurse and then attend the precision course guarantee for critical care. My husband is also active duty, so I have a few reservations about us both being active duty, for example, different deployment cycles, training, PCS'ing, etc. Can anyone provide insight to the precision course guarantee for critical care or both spouses being active duty? What are the major differences between civilian nursing and army nursing?
- Oct 23, '12 by leekun2010Quote from AjaxAndronicusI went to my 2nd drill this past weekend and even took the pft test and surprised myself with my performance ni wasalso finallymable to sign up for bolc phase 1 online so far im goodThanks Leekun! How is life going in the reserves?
hows everything on your end?