Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - page 44
by AjaxAndronicus 124,319 Views | 905 Comments
Hey everybody, I'm starting a thread here for those applying to the Army Nurse Corps in FY2013. I figure this might be a good place to get to know other future nurse corps officers and a place for the veterans of the ANC to pass... Read More
- 0Dec 6, '12 by jeckrnQuote from nursespouseNothing will happen until her transcripts are up dated. FYI Lewis & Carson are 2 of the most requested postings but new nurses are placed at both.I am jealous that some of you are scrolled and know school dates already. My wife and I still have no clue. Her transcripts will not be updated until december 15, so I think that may be what she is waiting on. I am hoping she gets Lewis or carson though lol.
- 0Quote from jeckrnyeah I have heard alot that they are requested alot, and now with the new law changes in both states, I can just imagine they will be even more requested lol. We just love the pacific northwest and the snowy mountains in Colorado, I have an old battle buddy that lives south of tacoma also, so we are hoping to meet up again.Nothing will happen until her transcripts are up dated. FYI Lewis & Carson are 2 of the most requested postings but new nurses are placed at both.
- 0Quote from lizzardmommymy wife picked lewis/carson/gordon, she is med/surg but contracted to do the Crit Care course after BOLCThat is a fun new direction to take this post in while we wait. Lets name our top picks and our specialties! I requested Ft Sam 1st and Ft Lewis second. I am a critical care burn/trauma nurse.
- 0Dec 7, '12 by brandonscott116Okay so I just talked to my recruiter. He said that he went up to Boston yesterday and that there were 7 selected for USAGPAN and the other 3 were from last years OML. He said there were only 5 on the OML. He didn't mention anything about what it looks like as far as the names on the OML being moved up. Anyone else hear anything different?
- 0Dec 7, '12 by Pixie.RN Senior ModeratorQuote from lizzardmommyI went through BOLC with a couple of burn nurses, one of whom was stationed at SAMMC or BAMC or whatever they're calling it at Ft. Sam these days. Turns out they don't really use active duty RNs in the burn unit at Ft. Sam because they don't want to risk them deploying away ... at least, that's what we were told. Neither of them ended up working burn, unfortunately. I know they miss it!I really want San Antonio as I woul love to do burns again and I will miss trauma horribly if I have to do med ICU. I will be happy anywhere here in the US I think. I grew up in ALaska though and live in the Midwest now so I just might melt in the heat of TX
- 0Dec 7, '12 by lizzardmommyOh well there goes that fantasy! Haha... I will hold out hope for staying in trauma and sunshine then. Good to know though! I do just feel blessed to be selected, I am just starting to have so many questions and anxieties about all the change that is to come. I am still on the shelf waiting for the scrolling process.