ANC Nov Board & M5 ID
- 0Sep 8, '10 by traumaRN1908I wanted to start a thread for all of the people who are waiting for the November ANC selection board, specifically if you have/waiting on the M5 identifier for Emergency Nursing. I thought we could suffer together and update each other while we wait. You are welcome to post if you have another specialty or none at all.
I have submitted all documents, and waiting on M5 identifier approval, physical approval and for the packet to make it past QA.
- 0Sep 8, '10 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminI've submitted all docs except for a copy of my BSN diploma -- it should be here next week. Got my CPEN cert in the mail today, so I scanned that in and sent it to my recruiter. My physical has been approved and my packet has been through QA. Waiting on M5 identifier approval/CV review. Need to meet up with my recruiter after I get my diploma copy to her so I can sign my DA 61, and then my packet will chill until it's time.
- 0Sep 8, '10 by New1LTI have everything submitted. I was told my M5 was "good to go", but I'm beginning to wonder. I'm a little on the nervous side to say the least! I leave for OBC in Nov when all of this will be going on and am worried that it will be like my commissioning board last year that involved call after call and email after email requesting resubmissions of this and needing more information, etc... and then what? I'll be in TX!! This time all I needed was updated LORs, updated Letter of Motivation, and my degree. I'm having a hard time "chillin" like you Lunah!! I'm actually freaking out!! :-( Oh well, but being prior service I too know what the military is about and understand that it takes a mountain of paperwork to get anything accomplished!! Good luck to you guys...And like I said, can't wait to see you in uniform!!!
- 0Sep 9, '10 by jeckrnSpeaking from experience it the paperwork for my M5 in the reserves was much easier then the commissioning board. If you meet all the criteria it should not be a issue, but until you have the piece of paper there is always some concern. Good luck to both.
New1LT so where are you headed to after OBLC?
- 0Sep 9, '10 by New1LTjeckrn,
Back home and then back into the infamous holding pattern!!! If I don't get selected then my family and I will be moving to OH to be with my Dad. He is at the Cleveland Clinic waiting for a heart. If I'm selected then hopefully back to one of the three duty stations that I absolutely loved. But nothing is final until it's in writing right!?!?! LOL!!! Where are you wanting to go when you're selected?
- 0Sep 9, '10 by traumaRN1908New 1LT: hopefully this go around will be a lot smoother for you since you will be away. I was surprised that you had to go through the entire boarding process again to go active even though you were already commissioned. It seems like it should have been easier(key word should have been)
Lunah: I hope i get to the point where I can chill. I think my recruiter is a little new, so it is a little slower going, but overall not bad. She has been efficient. Did your recruiter say how long the CV Review may take? also how long did it take for your stuff to make it past QA and for your physical to come back?
I was hoping to get assigned to Brooke(Ft. Sam Houston), Womack(Ft. Bragg) or Eisenhower(Ft. Gordon) fingers crossed, I will get lucky. I am going to take the CEN in November/December also so busy times ahead.
- 0Sep 9, '10 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminQuote from traumaRN1908My physical took a while -- I went to Walter Reed on June 9, and my physical was approved on August 13. There was a delay of a week or so on that because the USAREC physician wanted extra documentation on my LASIK surgery, so I had to get with my eye peeps and request and receive it, then submit that to my recruiter. Once the extra documentation was turned in, my physical was approved the next day.Lunah: I hope i get to the point where I can chill. I think my recruiter is a little new, so it is a little slower going, but overall not bad. She has been efficient. Did your recruiter say how long the CV Review may take? also how long did it take for your stuff to make it past QA and for your physical to come back?
My recruiter is not sure when the CV review will be done -- apparently she cannot communicated directly with the person doing it, so she can't really check on it, besides checking its status in the computer. It's been pending for a while -- she's not sure what they're waiting for, be it the new fiscal year or what.
- 0Sep 9, '10 by traumaRN1908Yikes! That was long time for the physical. I had the PRK(the army did it)in '04 no issues since. Hopefully they will not need much as my last set of AD med records was sent to the Depository or where ever they go to collect dust I was told that my CV review came back once because I did not my current rank on 1 form, but that was corrected and submitted again. The wait for the board is not my issue, it is the wait for the stuff before the board that is killing me I do not like leaving things to chance, and it is getting awfully close to Nov. Has anyone heard if/when the next board(after NOV) is?
BTW congrats on CPEN!