Air Force Nursing Bonus, Student Loan Repayment - Page 15Register Today!
- May 30, '10 by maverickemtQuote from carolinapoohHi Kimberly - Where do you get the flight cap from? Two months till comissioning...Can't wait to take the plunge into the USAF!I'd watch this space, though, so to speak; all recruiters get all their information from AFPC (how some choose to disperse it is another matter) - although given the number of folks we've seen posting here stopping boards seems perfectly logical.
- May 30, '10 by JayBSNDefinitely ok to get carried away! : ) Its a really exciting choice. But a lot of people on this site have quite a bit of insight and perspective. I like to borrow it from time to time Thanks guys.
- May 30, '10 by midinphxTake heart about any closures (if they are true). Fiscal year starts in October! So I would ensure my packet was ready to go then.
- May 31, '10 by carolinapoohQuote from maverickemtYou buy flight caps from clothing sales; I think they're about $25 each.Hi Kimberly - Where do you get the flight cap from? Two months till comissioning...Can't wait to take the plunge into the USAF!
- Jul 27, '10 by mt_nurseEveryone in my NTP class except for myself and two others have received their sign-on bonuses already! They received it almost two weeks ago. I'm wondering if this is "normal" to have your bonus delayed. I have read on the boards here and from others that the bonus usually comes within 30 days of finishing COT. I'm giving it until the beginning of August until I bring it up to my supervisor, but just in case, what could I do and who could I talk to besides my immediate supervisor here at my TDY? I've heard of one individual contacting AFPC directly, but I think that would be a break in the chain-of-command, and I don't want to get in trouble.
- Jul 29, '10 by midinphxMine just showed up in my bank account one day. A good thing since my pay is still not right! lol. MT, I would just wait a bit more, but ask your supervisor there at NTP where you should call if you don't get it in the next couple weeks.
I hope you are enjoying NTP. I see a bunch of our COT group here for NTP. It is really nice to see all the familiar faces, but I don't see them much since they don't come to my unit or floor.
- Jul 30, '10 by jweaveHello all,
I'm obviously brand new to the forum and appreciate the info and all of your contributions. I will be starting a bachelor's to BSN program in January 2011. I will be 42 at graduation (May 2012). I have 4 1/2 yrs active duty AF and over 8yrs in the Air Guard. Will the AD years, in essence, subtract from my age? And am I considered too old for AD military as a nurse? I've heard that you have to be able to get in 20yrs by the age of 60.......is this true? Thanks in advance for any clarification.
- Jul 31, '10 by midinphxJweave, that 4.5 years buys you that much time (they think of you as that much younger than you are). 42 is the easy cut off age, no waiver or problem. 47 is the highest age limit, though I don't know if that is with or without waiver.
You are absolutely not to old. I went through COT at age 42. And I was not the oldest. There were a ton of young ones, but I didn't feel old or out of it at all.
- Jul 31, '10 by jweaveThank you for your response! That is encouraging to know that I probably want be the only grandpa of the group. I got called that in basic training at 24! Now if I can just figure out how to pay for school! Thanks again!
- Aug 9, '10 by AFFamHave any FY11ers found out if they qualified for the Student Loan Repayment?