2012 NCP Graduates, any news about ODS?Register Today!
This is a discussion on 2012 NCP Graduates, any news about ODS? in Government / Military Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Hi everyone! Just curious if anyone has heard any news about when they are leaving for ODS and...by littleluvbugnavy Feb 28, '12Hi everyone! Just curious if anyone has heard any news about when they are leaving for ODS and first duty station. For those that have recently graduated and gone to ODS, how long from graduation until you left for ODS? Just getting anxious and wanting ANY news!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=680026©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,616 Views
- Feb 28, '12 by willhigg6swore in last week for the navy ncp. graduate december '12. wbu? interested to hear some news also
- Feb 29, '12 by deftonez188This is my last semester as well, so i'm looking at going some time after April. I was told we start negotiating orders this next month (which is a odd, negotiating = which big 3 base do you want to go to?). I'm looking forward to heading to ODS, and have been preparing physically for the past 6 months, now i've got to start memorizing the materials we need to know prior.
Also trying to figure out the moving situation (buy, rent, house, apartment, van by the river).
- Feb 29, '12 by littleluvbugnavyI graduate May 2012, so I'm almost there. I too heard that we are beginning "negotiations" next month, I'm just curious about others that maybe graduated in Dec and whether or not they have left yet...want to get started!!
- Mar 1, '12 by deftonez188Same, I'd prefer not to wait around for 3 months post-graduation (passed my NCLEX 2 years ago), especially since I'm not employed while full-time in school
- Mar 4, '12 by VentcSNQuote from littleluvbugnavyI graduated December 2011, and I am going to ODS Mid May-Mid June. And afterwards Im going to Walter Reed Military Medical Center in the DC area. You going to ODS depends on when you take your NCLEX boards and how soon your detailer schedules ODS for you. It does fill up real quick so the sooner you take your NCLEX, the sooner you get a spot in ODS. It usually is about 2 months after you take your NCLEX. Until then study for NCLEX so youll pass the first try, and physically train at the same time.. Good luck...Hi everyone! Just curious if anyone has heard any news about when they are leaving for ODS and first duty station. For those that have recently graduated and gone to ODS, how long from graduation until you left for ODS? Just getting anxious and wanting ANY news!
- Mar 5, '12 by littleluvbugnavyThanks VentcSN! When did you pass NCLEX? Congrats by the way!! So they haven't given you a "firm" date yet for ODS? I'm in a pickle because I have several hospitals offering me jobs. I live in a rural area and they are pretty understaffed in every direction around me. I didn't want to sign on if I was going to be leaving 1-2 months after graduation, but it looks like it could be up to 6 months for you...Just trying to figure out what people have been averaging...are you working?
- Mar 5, '12 by VentcSNI took and passed my NCLEX-RN on February 23rd, called my Detailer on the 27th. I took Hurst Review Live course and I only studied that material for a month. I didnt get my first pick which was San Diego, but I got my 2nd pick which was Bethesda. After scheduling me for ODS for May 13th to June 15 Class 12070, he told me to contact my recruiter to arrange flight tickets, household goods, and commissioning oath taking. Currently I am not working, you can ask if you want to work, and try to find some temporary jobs for the time being cause I do not really see harm in doing it. All of us got bills to pay. I probably need to work cause I have about 2 months before going to ODS. You graduating in May 2012 and taking about 1 to 1.5 months to study for NCLEX and depending if there is ODS classes open, you probably get scheduled around September or October, maybe!!, it may be earlier than that. But no, you do not go to ODS the day after you pass your NCLEX. I was in the Nurse Candidate Program also and NCP grads usually get first pick before the Direct Commission Nurses cause they already gave me money, and they wanted their investment working for them right away. So my suggestion is, yeah try to work for the time being, or yet call your detailer, or Mrs. Smith for advice. Again, no harm in doing it. Where you in the NCP? or direct commission? Good luck
- Mar 5, '12 by willhigg6VentcSN--Did you graduate in December? When were you originally told you would be going to ODS? I am in the NCP now and I was led to believe that I would more than likely be leaving a month or two after graduation, but it doesn't sound like that is what happened for you. Also, were you told to contact your Detailer after you took the NCLEX? thanks!
- Mar 6, '12 by MURunner86If you guys have any questions about ODS, feel free. I just went in September.