2012 Air Force Nursing Boards - Page 5Register Today!
- Dec 5, '12 by smadden39Quote from SThomas30Congrats!! I am going in as a critical care nurse. Do you know when you will make it to Elmendorf? I am nervous about my family coming up there. Please share all the info about COT if you will. Are you already in, I see the uniform?Congrats!!!!!!! I leave for COT next month and then NTP in Feb, my first "nursing" assignment is Elmendorf as well!! Are you going to be med-surg or are you coming in as a specialty? Again congrats and after next month I'll be glad to answer any COT questions you may have :-)
- Dec 11, '12 by kdazzlehey princeRNAF,
Did you hear back on your results yet? Congrats to everyone who got selected.
- Dec 11, '12 by SThomas30Quote from smadden39I will get to Alaska mid April. I am active duty (13 years) and I commissioned through NECP. When I get through COT I will surely answer any questions you may have :-)
Congrats!! I am going in as a critical care nurse. Do you know when you will make it to Elmendorf? I am nervous about my family coming up there. Please share all the info about COT if you will. Are you already in, I see the uniform?
- Jan 15 by JillyRNCongrats to everyone who was selected!! I'm currently awaiting this next board in February but I was hoping some of those already through the process could offer some insight. In the chance you are selected, are you given the choice of COT dates? Or at what point after being informed of selection are you given an idea of when you will attend COT? Would anyone be willing to offer a timeline of their situation (date notified of selection, date notified of COT slot, date given orders)? I know this can vary greatly from person to person, I'm just curious what the current board experienced. Thanks!
- Jan 15 by wvu1224Jill..I can offer what happened to me...not much but maybe a little help. I was selected in November..results took e tea week or two past when they said results would be out. I had requested a Jan COT but they gave me May COT timeframe. Then a week ago offered me the chance to go in March...no information on orders yet..I hope this helps a little. I had several years of military experience prior to this process and can assure you that nothing is in stone until you are at duty station...always a delay in the process!!!