So...I have a lot of questions regarding joining the Navy or Army Nurse Corps (Reserves or Active Duty)
I would GREATLY appreciate any info/tips you guys have because getting a meeting the with medical officer recruiter in my area is impossible and I am starting to get impatient with finding answers
First of all, about me:
I am 23 y.o. female with my BSN. I graduated in 2010 and I have a full-time job now. I have always wanted to get my advance practice degree, and I have already been accepted into the University of Cincinnati MSN-Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Educator program, which I start in Jan. 3rd, 2012. I looked into joining the military before, but now that I am going back to school I am seriously looking into it again. Any branch is okay with me, depending on the benefits.
1. Does anyone know if they have a need for Clinical Nurse Specialists/Nurse Educators?
2. On the Navy Reserves website, it says that they offer up to $50,000 in repaying student loans and a $2,088 monthly stipend for those nurses enrolled in a graduate program. Can any confirm this offer?
3. Say I join the Navy Reserves once I start school again in January, must I work for them as a nurse part-time to receive the monthly stipend for school and loan repayment? Or can I attend school, and just the monthly drills and annual training and still get those benefits? I am just concerned about being able to focus on school and not have to work my butt off to pay the bills...
4. What would my obligation be to the Navy/Army Reserves be AFTER graduating with my MSN? how many years minimum?
5. What is officer training like for Active Duty? What is officer training like for the reserves?
6. Say I went the Active Duty route, what do they branches offer for student loan repayment? Can I get a monthly stipend? Would I have to work part-time as a RN for them in one of their medical centers?
7. Any word about the current sign-on bonuses? Reserves OR Active Duty?
8. For Active Duty, does anyone know what the actual chances are of being deployed? I hear they move you every 3-5 years...I am sure this is true?
9. I will be getting married in about two years or so, what would be the benefits for my husband? There aren't any limitations on whether he can come with me where ever I am assigned, correct?
okay...that's enough for now...haha
Seriously, I appreciate ANY help! You are all awesome!