Most common wound care creamsRegister Today!
- by April_LPN Sep 18, '05What do you all use for wound care mostly? We use a lot of accuzyme, panafil, xenaderm.
- Sep 18, '05 by Bird2Quote from April_LPNWe also use these. We use protective barrier with zinc to raw, denuded skin and a dimetihicone based for routine barrier use.What do you all use for wound care mostly? We use a lot of accuzyme, panafil, xenaderm.
- Sep 19, '05 by michelle126Triple abt, bactroban, polysporin, vasaline/ A and D, silvadene, hydrogels, zinc oxide based barriers.
- Sep 19, '05 by suebird3We have to jump through hoops for Bactroban. ABT, silvadene, Criticaide, Prosheild are others.
- Sep 20, '05 by donmomofnineWe LOVE Schragger's Paste!!:hatparty:
- Sep 20, '05 by michelle126Quote from donmomofnineI tried a google search, but nothin....What is it?We LOVE Schragger's Paste!!:hatparty:
- Sep 20, '05 by donmomofnineIt's a compound made of zinc and some other things. I am not sure I am spelling it correctly. Will check at work tomorrow and let you know for sure. It is really awesome stuff and heals skin up so fast! We love it!:roll
- Sep 21, '05 by donmomofnineOkay, I know four out of the five ingredients. Nystatin, cold cream, hydrocortisone and zinc oxide. Works wonders!
- Sep 21, '05 by Else567=donmomofnine]Okay, I know four out of the five ingredients. Nystatin, cold cream, hydrocortisone and zinc oxide. Works wonders![/QUOTE]
Hey out there from Sunny NorthEast,Pa
The compound your talking about,I don't know it as the name you called it,however,the ingredients are what I know,,also,,Desitation(baby cream)<~~I know I spelled that wrong!.LoL
Is also an ingredient in that as well,
The healing process was absolutely wonderful!
We used to call this"Miricale Whip "works miracles!
Also,here is a trip down memory lane,anyone remember when they used to use Mayo & Yogurt paste,use to apply it thick to the wound area,then put a sun lamp on it for about 10 minutes,the theory was the live yogurt killed the bacteria,not sure what the mayo did,unless just protected the skin,When I was in nursing school , many, many years ago,I saw this,,I have never seen it since!
I know all the possible problems with this theroy,starting with the use of the Sun Lamp!
Have a great day!
Else**Last edit by Else567 on Sep 21, '05 : Reason: spelling errors