Life Care Centers of AmericaRegister Today!
- by Blackcat99 Mar 18, '04There are job openings at the 2 Life Care Centers in my area. Has anyone here ever worked for a Life Care Center? What is your opinion about the Life Care Center that you worked at? Thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=60984©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,563 Views
- Mar 18, '04 by RNPATLQuote from Blackcat99I have several friends that work for Life Care Centers of America in Florida. One is a nursing home administrator and the other 2 are nurses in a facility in Florida. All 3 said they love working for this company. Apparently the company has a rich heritage of treating its employees fairly and providing a great environment of care for its residents. Good luck!There are job openings at the 2 Life Care Centers in my area. Has anyone here ever worked for a Life Care Center? What is your opinion about the Life Care Center that you worked at? Thanks
- Mar 18, '04 by Marie_LPN, RNOur local Life Care Center has a pretty good rep about being good to its residents and employees.
- Mar 19, '04 by Megan-ChoRemember there are two companies named Life Care...
Life Care Services (mainly a management company - I've heard good things about them)
And Life Care Centers of America (don't know anyone that works at one)
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
- Mar 19, '04 by Blackcat99Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear that the Life Care Centers in your area are doing a good job. Unfortunately, I ran into a nurse friend today here in eastern Washington. She told me that the 2 Life Care Centers here are not so good. She said that people from the state board are always visiting these centers due to frequent patient complaints. She also said that call bells are on for a long time because the CNA's are always very short-staffed.
- Mar 19, '04 by Brownms46I wouldn't work for them, but then again I tend to stay away from LTC. One thing I constantly see ads for nurses and CNAs in the paper, and that to me is a very bad sign!
Here is a site where you can find out about inspections for any nursing home.
I checked for Life Care homes in WA, and some have only 2 d's and some have up to 29!!! I guess it just depends on which one you want to work at.
- Mar 19, '04 by Blackcat99Thanks Brownms46. That's a great site to check out nursing homes. It said the average amount of health deficiences in the USA is usually around 7.
Of course, the one closest to my house is the one with the 29 health deficiencies! The other one not too far away had 15 health deficiences : :uhoh21:
- Aug 16, '11 by SpelaDI would like to bring this topic to life and get in hear from other nurses that work in any Life care center.
- Aug 16, '11 by Blackcat99I did end up working at Life Care Center for a short while. I would not recommend it to anyone. Non-stop
problems and hardly any staff.
- Aug 16, '11 by Blackcat99I also forgot to mention. After I left, the TV started doing daily local commercials saying "Do you have a loved one at the Life Care Center of Kennewick or Richland(Washington state). Call this number and talk to a lawyer about your lawsuit against Life Care Center."