First Day by myselfRegister Today!
- by CYoungLPN Mar 25-__- after 7 days of orientation today I was by myself...I had only been oriented on that particular cart for like 2 days. I have 30 residents...but I mean it wasnt that bad I mean everyone said I did fine but like I work 7-3 it took me like til noon or like a little before noon to pass my morning meds & I didn't get to chart in between & I took no lunch around 1230 I just went straight to accuchecks which are due at 1130 but the afternoon med pass is wayyyy shorter than the morning so I got done with that at like 215-230 the absolute WORSE part is all that bs charting what the heck? It's wayyyy too much ugh idk I know this is all a part of me being a new nurse and ill get it but...man it's intense please tell me it gets better
Any advice or suggestions words of encouragement is greatly appreciated
- Mar 25 by agldragonRNIt's part of being a new nurse. Things will get better as you learn the routine.
Don't hesitate to ask for help when you need it. You will have tons of questions and remember that there is no stupid question.
- Mar 26 by ScrubRNwannabeYou will find ways to do things faster. I have worked in a nursing home for a month now and still skip lunch. I do not eat breakfast because it's too early and only eat finger food for lunch. I lost weight!!! I have to stay after hours to finish my bs paper works without pay too. I guess it is a norm in the nursing home. I pray everyday there will be no change of condition. When there is 1 coc, a ton of papers will follow. I hope you will find that it gets better.
- Mar 26 by VANurse2010Do. Not. Chart. Off. The. Clock. It's illegal for them to make you work without pay, and you could be violating the law by accessing patient records off the clock.
- Mar 26 by CYoungLPNThanks y'all for ur advice today was my 2nd day it went a lil smoother (baby steps) I was able to chart on alll my pts. I finished my AM med pass 45 min earlier than I did yday & my PM med pass 30 min earlier than yday so it's getting better I'm def. becoming more familiar with my residents I even had a fall at the very beginning of my AM med pass I was like ughhhh but I got thru it it was extra paperwork but atleast I know how to do that paperwork now I know alot is trail & error so I'm glad I got to do it...