I am so p****ed off with working for a corporate company and I've only been there 1 month! The management do not have the residents at heart. Examples of this are:
1) The 'visitors toilet' is homely and immaculately clean, the residents toilet is sterile and marginally clean!
2) If a resident is admitted to hospital - they go alone because there is not enough staff to go with them. In my last home run by nuns, a member of staff always went with residents and if they could not be spared a volunteer who knew the residents was called in.
3) I heard that staff fundraised recently to raise money for a new garden, the recognition went to the company who would not give the money in the first place.
4) Paperwork, paperwork,paperwork. If the company trusted it's nurses, they would not fear litigation as much.
5) The food offered to residents is muck. I would not eat it if I was paid. Usually cold, puddings consist of cheap mousse or tinned fruit, a piece of bread and banana is considered a meal more than twice a week and for a drink residents can have tea, tea or tea!
I am currently seeking employment elsewhere but care homes in Britain seem to prefer to hire agency staff or foreign people.