Not that you need it anymore but this is the new (but optional) 2-page MDS to be used for PPS purposes only...
and this is the instruction for use..
Good luck to you!
This new shortened MDS for PPS use becomes effective July 2002. This form is OPTIONAL. You can continue to use the former MDS although some of the entries will not be stored in the database when transmitted.
- 2 pages only with a lot of MDS items excluded, hence shorter time to complete (?)
- and for you, nothing to worry about whether to do RAPs or not since that RAP Section is excluded
- another form to confuse your disciplines after developing spontaneity in completing the former MDS
- assuming after completing the 30-day PPS, you noticed that there is a significant change. You can not use this shortened MDS for an SCSA also. You have to redo the MDS and use the other form and code it 30-day and SCSA to satisfy both PPS and OBRA requirements
- using the right MDS form when the 90-day can also be a Quarterly
My take for now...
I'll settle WITHOUT using this new form. Afterall, a discipline only saves an average of 2-3 mins. when using this shortened form.... WOW!