University of West GA 2013 - Page 8Register Today!
- Feb 18 by mytwoboysmomHi guys! I am glad to hear that the writing sample is no big deal. I have gone round and round in my head trying to figure out why they want this sample, and why they made it a requirement, YET they are not using it as part of the admission process. I have come up with NOTHING!
I looked last night and there are still 141 seats open for the writing session. If I counted correctly, there were 379 seats when it started. All I can say is I hope they stay empty, the less we are competing with the better for us!
jcassiexoxo I am so sorry you had to go through that!There is no reason to be rude I don't care who you are Grrrrr, do they not know what we have done just to get this far? I would be devistated. Are you coming back to try it again? I hope you do. I take a couple of classes on campus and I have no idea where the education center is. I will make sure I ask before I go, and I will arrive early, because I could get lost in a one way tunnel, even if I kinda know where I am going.
I really worry about that April date. They were suposed to have all the info on their web page about the new requirements on or before July 1st, and it was October before they were posted? Also, if I had waited until I got my letter informing me about the writing session dates, I would have only gotten that last friday, which would really limit me on when I can take the session.Last edit by mytwoboysmom on Feb 18 : Reason: Stupid computer
- Feb 18 by clarensIt good....... a piece of cake..... Wondering why they doing it?
- Feb 18 by leopard22Hi @cabzun, you do not need to study any specific topic for the writing session. It is a basic question that requires your opinion or past experience. You do not have to write a formal essay. They will tell you that it can be as short as a paragraph. I wrote five paragraphs. No worries about it. It is easy. But still take it seriously! Especially since we do not know what the purpose of the writing session is. Hope this helps.
- Feb 25 by tiahlee29Hello All! I took the writing session this past Saturday 2/23/13 and it was a piece of cake! The proctor said " I know you dont believe me, but this will not be graded and DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOUR ACCEPTANCE INTO THE PROGRAM!" I have the same question that you all have, why are we writing this essay if it is not being graded? How will they give everyone a fair chance of getting into the program besides your academic record? I just hope that I am one of the 160 students that get into the program! Newman or Carrollton! Doesn't matter I just need to get in!!
- Feb 26 by mytwoboysmomAs hard as it is to comprehend, it is all out of our hands. We have done our best. We have done all that they have asked of us and then some. Will it be hard to wait until April? Yes it will, but regardles of the answer we will survive. Will be be happy? NO...I for one will be crying and stomping around wondering how much better I need to be (there will be a lot of moaning and groaning at my house). The truth is, I know I did my best. I studied hard, I made good grades, and I know I am the best person I can be. I am a good wife and mother, and I will make a GREAT nurse, because this is the only thing I have ever wanted. I wanted it so bad, I left a good job, and went back to school (even though the I was scared to death) after 25 years of being out of the classroom.
My prayers are with you all, and regardless of my outcome, I will celebrate along with you if you get in, because I know how hard you worked for it.
- Feb 26 by leopard22@tiahlee and @mytwoboysmom, I too am right there with both of you. The writing session was a piece of cake. I would almost rather the school use the essay we had to write in the admissions process than for nothing at all. I too wondered how we all would have a fair chance for the program. I am so nervous until I get that letter in the mail box! This is my third time applying for nursing school. It is so competitive right now. I am praying for alll of us and hoping that we all get good news! I am not choosy about which campus either, I just want to get this thing going!!
- Feb 28 by tiahlee29Quote from leopard22Yes! @leoprad22 we will get in! WE MUST CLAIM IT!! NOTHING BUT POSITIVE ENERGY!!@tiahlee and @mytwoboysmom, I too am right there with both of you. The writing session was a piece of cake. I would almost rather the school use the essay we had to write in the admissions process than for nothing at all. I too wondered how we all would have a fair chance for the program. I am so nervous until I get that letter in the mail box! This is my third time applying for nursing school. It is so competitive right now. I am praying for alll of us and hoping that we all get good news! I am not choosy about which campus either, I just want to get this thing going!!
- Feb 28 by AshBrock1091Indeed!
- Mar 17 by natalieb44I have a cousin that is in the program at uwg right now and she said she found out she was accepted during her spring break last year. Who knows if that will be the same this year, especially with the new process, but fingers crossed we will hear soon!!
For those that applied did you apply elsewhere or just uwg?
- Mar 17 by AshBrock1091I applied to UWG and UNG