Trying for Gwinnett Tech Fall 2013 - Page 6Register Today!
- Jan 18 by Blue Felt FedoraQuick question for those of us applying for Fall 2013: are we all current GTC students? I'm in my fifth semester at GTC.
To answer your question, I'm proud to say I'm applying with a 4.0 GPA. It was hard work -- especially with A&P II over the summer, but I did it. Now I just need to rock the Kaplan.
How about you?
- Jan 18 by janellybellyQuote from Ladylynn6No, it's in Miami. Good news is that they are able to fax it over. So hopefully that's enough to bypass needing to see a physician. I may just have to update tetanus because I took it back in the 90s. Really sucks because I'm so not for vaccines, and the idea of taking one makes me extremely anxious.Is your hometown in Georgia? I can't speak for adults, and I don't know how far back it goes, but Georgia's Immunization Registry is computerized. I just had to order immunization records from my daughter's doctor for her college application, and they printed it off the GRITS system. I know a couple years ago at my checkup my PCP told me it was time to update my tetanus -- I assume that info came they same way, as he's only been my PCP a handful of years. I might try to start with your local Health Department and see if they can access your info through GRITS.
- Jan 18 by aalewineI am not a current GTC student. I currently go to Athens Tech. I have a 3.5 GPA. I'm hoping to do well on the Kaplan!
- Jan 19 by Blue Felt Fedora@janellybelly: Sounds like you have everything well in hand. That's good news.
@aalewine: How is Athens Tech? When I was looking at schools, I visited there and attended their info sessions. My daughter has a few friends who are students there, too. For me, it came down to them and GTC.
- Jan 20 by janellybellyOut of curiosity anyone know what the gwinnett tech program uniform looks like? If they are short sleeved, are you permitted to wear a long-sleeve undershirt?
- Jan 21 by RN_Student14The uniforms are white and yes you can wear long sleeve underneath
- Jan 23 by aalewineI hate Athens Tech...uou can never get help from the administration! The teachers are good and sometimes you will get an awesome one like my anatomy teacher! But I hear once you get into your program everything changes so I hope that is true!
- Jan 23 by Blue Felt FedoraQuote from aalewineOh, wow. I guess I made the right choice, then. Is your anatomy teacher male? When I went to the info session, there was a male anatomy teacher who came in to speak with us.I hate Athens Tech...uou can never get help from the administration! The teachers are good and sometimes you will get an awesome one like my anatomy teacher! But I hear once you get into your program everything changes so I hope that is true!
Back on topic for the thread...who's studying for the Kaplan and how are you studying? My study partner and I are reviewing our A&P II lecture notes every week after we finish our Pathophys homework.
- Jan 23 by aalewineHe was Dr.Nichols. And you definitely made the right choice!
- Jan 23 by divs618I also would like to know how everyone is studying for the Kaplan. I am currently not taking classes just waiting to see when to take this test!