North Georgia College & State University Fall 2011 - Page 7Register Today!
- Well, my story is also as scary as yours when I got a call in the middle of Feb. from Kathie ( I guessed) to tell me that I applied for the wrong program She said I should have applied to ASN instead of BSN because I just completed my prerequisites , not yet a RN !!!! I was about to cry out on the phone when I was informed of my silly mistake !!! But everything is ok now. Phew
- Haha Well I'm glad yours worked out well! Did you get accepted?
- yes, I got accepted and really dont know why because my GPA and TEAS are slow, I thought I did not have any chance. When I opened the letter, I read it 1000 times because I did not believe in my eyes. But, it's true, I got my acceptance letter.
- Congrats!! What was your GPA and TEAS? Was it your first time applying? And which location too? Sorry for all the questions! I'm just trying to figure out why I wasn't accepted
- Thank you. I applied for the 1st time with GPA 3.55, TEAS 75, Dahlonega campus. I did not intend to commute that far, up to Dahlonega. So, now I am stuck in looking for an accommodation close to school area.
- Yeah commuting isn't fun but at least there isn't much traffic going up to Dahlonega!
The only thing I can think of for why I wasn't accepted is the fact that I retook 3 classes that I originally had 2 C's and a B in... I guess that was weighted against me because without those calculated in my GPA I have a 3.6, but with those it's around a 3.3. Most nursing schools only calculate the highest grade only when evaluating, so I figured I would be okay, but I guess North Georgia calculates both in. Stinks for me!
And if changing campuses so late hurt me as well, then that's a double whammy against me. But I'm hoping that didn't hurt my chances, because the lady I spoke with made it seem like it wasn't a big deal because they hadn't gotten to my application yet.
- I got a C on AP 1, then B on retaken class. I was also worried over my GPA as I realized they took my 1st degree into consideration. I was scared because I got low GPA for my 1st bachelor degree, which dates back to 10 years ago.
- Mar 1, '11 by ThatWeirdArmyGirlI didn't get in either. I really didnt think I would. I only had a 2.89 and a 89 TEAS
- Mar 1, '11 by bmarie712Well I'm surprised your TEAS score didn't balance out the GPA some, an 89 is INCREDIBLE! But they consider the GPA a little more than I hoped too, because even with a 3.5 I wasn't accepted..
- Mar 1, '11 by ThatWeirdArmyGirlI might be rethinking my career aspriations