Hopeful Georgia Highlands Fall 2012 RN applicant - Page 16Register Today!
- Jun 24, '12 by jazzyroseDid anyone order their uniforms yet, and if so, how many sets did you order? I'm not sure of how many we need.
- Jun 24, '12 by southerngrl412Ya I can get on score. But I havent done orientation. I guess I need to call them tomorrow.
- Jun 24, '12 by ADean214I am wondering the same thing! And do we need both kinds of pants? It wasn't really specific in the packet. I'm wondering how many days a week we are in class.
- Jun 24, '12 by hopeful616Hey everyone! I went to new student orientation on the 13th, and to be honest, it was totally useless. All I could do was get my student ID card made and then sit around and wait while everyone else bought parking passes and registered for classes (I couldn't because all my prerequisites are done and I am waiting for Nursing orientation). My advice would be to call admissions and ask them if you really have to go. Maybe save some gas- unlike me! Anyway- I'd try to call them and see if they'll drop the orientation hold so you can see everything on SCORE.
As for uniforms- I'm not sure how many we should get, but I think I might wait until orientation to buy mine. I was reading threads for previous semesters and people were saying they recommended waiting until at least orientation before buying them. Some people were saying the school recommended that because there may have been an option for business attire or scrubs during class, and clinicals didn't start until later in the first semester. I guess some students were buying uniforms before orientation and then either gaining or losing weight and having to buy new ones before clinicals started. Just something I read on here and thought I'd share.
- Jun 24, '12 by ADean214Does anyone know how classes are scheduled? I know we have clinical hours that we will sign up for, but what about theory times? And how many days a week?
- Jun 25, '12 by southerngrl412About orientation: I called today and the lady said that we do still have to go to new student orientation also.
- Jun 26, '12 by jenniferb79Ok so today I got my passport photo, took my drug test for my background check, and got my first tb test. Trying to decide if I should get a varicella titer done. I had a very mild case of chicken pox as a child so who knows if it gave me immunity. The NP who did my tb test says I cant get any live vaccines while I'm getting the tb testing done. Anyone found a cheap place for titers, or vaccines for that matter?
- Jun 26, '12 by jazzyroseHey Jenniferb79, I got my vaccinations done at the Acworth Health Center in Cobb. I decided to do the titer for the varicella. It was $14. Their number is 770-974-3330.
- Jun 26, '12 by Joy6514So glad I applied at Highlands!! I heard a rumor that Chattahoochee may not get their accreditation due to high faculty turnover....
- Jun 26, '12 by ADean214I got my passport photo done today too! I mailed that off today. And got my first Hep B vaccine ( they can do it with Hep A together, but it hurts!), and did my first TB skin test. I signed up for my backgroud check and paid for it, but I won't have time to take off more work this week to go do the drug test. That is first thing next week.
Slowly but surely getting everything done on the list! I am so excited to meet all you ladies and gents! I am going to the new student orientation on July 10th. Anyone else?