GTC 2012 applicants - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 2, '12 by kiki69When I was signing up for the Kaplan Thursday afternoon, I was #186 on the signup sheet. The nursing dept woman who was signing me up overheard me telling mom that we were at 275. She told me that those 58 didn't show up for the meeting on Wednesday and we were down to 217!!!
I almost did a jig I was so happy to hear that! LOL That sounds so evil of me...but I'm truly not being evil. I'm just 42 and need to get in so bad. I am living with my folks because I lost my job and decided to go back to school when I couldn't find work. I can't afford to wait.. I'm not married and have no other support...just my student loans.. I have to be out of my folks house by June 2013.
- Mar 2, '12 by Gtc2013You are making me so happy right now! And I know how you feel. I want this soooo bad! I'm sure you are going to do great! Good luck and hopefully we'll be classmates in August?!!
- Mar 2, '12 by kiki69GTC2012! I'm glad to hear that I made you happy! And yes, that would be wonderful...Do I know you? Were we in any of our prerequisite classes together?
- Mar 3, '12 by Gtc2013I don't think so. This is my first semester at GTC.
- Mar 3, '12 by seventyseven77Thanks, kiki, I'm a little relieved.... i have a decent prereq GPA, but unfortunately not a decent overall (from eons ago) GPA.
I'm a little nervous about the Kaplan exam especially the math and science portions. Good luck everybody on your upcoming exams! Hope you all do well.
- Mar 3, '12 by kiki69You're very welcome. Good luck to you too... I'm sure you will do great. When is your test date?
- Mar 3, '12 by seventyseven77My test date is March 22. I was at the assessment center on Thursday 8:15 a.m. and I was #80 on the sign in sheet!
- Mar 3, '12 by kiki69Wow!!!! Good luck to you, I'm jealous that you got the 22nd! lol no, seriously, the 13th is fine... I'm just going to have to study through GPC spring break this week. We have already started studying a week and a half ago with the math. I'm just so glad they don't have the chemistry or physics...yay!
quite a few of my friends got there around 6 am...etc. they all got the 29th. my issue is that I didn't want to wait til the last day...i just wanted a couple of good study weeks...
- Mar 13, '12 by RN_Student14Hello. I have a 3.7 GPA. I will be taking the Kaplan on Thursday. I am actually really excited. I took the PAX exam for Athens Technical College in January. 80 reading questions , 60 math questions, 80 science. That test I was nervous for. Since I was exposed to taking such a hard test in my opinion, I just feel this Kaplan will be nothing. I took AP1 and Eng 1102 summer '11. Then took AP2, Micro, Psych, and Coll Algae Fall '11. People thought I was crazy but I came out with one B that semester in Psych. I have no time to waste, and wanted to meet the deadline. This is really exciting. I know we will all do well. Just stay confident. And do not let anyone's GPA intimidate you. Believe in yourself lovelies.
- Mar 13, '12 by InyourhandsHi, I just took the Kaplan today and made an overall 82% . How did everyone else do?